1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Apps on SD card question

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Iqoniq, Jun 17, 2011.

1. Iqoniq

Iqoniq Newbie
    None

Jun 17, 2010
    NHS
    Notts
    Hi all

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I have the Wildfire S with Gingerbread installed and I can't figure out how to move apps to the SD card.

I went into the applications section in the settings menu and tried to move a couple of apps I'd downloaded and it said there wasn't enough space (the card was almost blank). I'd previously had the card in a Samsung Galaxy Portal (aka Spica), and I formatted the card on that as I cleared the phone. Could this be the cause of the problem?

If I need to root the phone then I'm going to be one unhappy bunny because it's a work phone and the agreement we sign when we get the phone says we won't attempt to root the phone.

Is there any way to do this without rooting the phone? Sorry if this seems a bit of a noob question, but all I got with the phone was a quickstart guide and that was it.

Advertisement

2. karandpr

karandpr Android Expert

Feb 16, 2011
    Male
    Format using the settings ->SD card storage .Move apps using app2SD . You cant link apps without rooting .Does the phone recognise the SD card ? Froyo app2SD should work fine .
    Some apps like launchers cant be transferred to SD without linking/rooting .