1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Apps on SD Card

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Deleted User, Dec 1, 2011.

1. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

For the past couple of days, all the apps I have installed on my SD card do not show up in the Android Market's "My Apps" section. It only shows apps in internal memory. Apps that I have purchased, like MyBackup Pro show up as not installed in "My Apps". However, they do work when I open the app from the app drawer.

I have had this problem before but usually a reboot fixes things. However, it hasn't cleared up yet. Has anyone seen this? If it weren't for AppBrain, I wouldn't be able to tell if any apps on my SD card have an update.

I am rooted and used Titanium Backup to force some apps from internal memory to the SD card. I am not sure if SD apps not showing up in "My Apps" in the Android Market started when I first moved an app with Titanium. Not sure if me doing that somehow broke the Android Market from recognizing apps on the SD card.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. nuttmeg

nuttmeg Extreme Android User

Appbrain is not supported, but i havnt had a problem with my apps showing up in the market when they are move to the sd card. try signing out of market threw the phone and sign back in.

3. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

What do you mean Appbrain is not supported? Supported by who?

In the Android Market on my phone, I don't see an option to sign out.

4. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

I just checked My Apps in the Android Market and now it lists all, even those on the SD card. Nothing changed (as far as I know). Oh well, I guess if it happens again I will just wait a couple days for it to fix itself...

5. ambientdroid

ambientdroid Well-Known Member

Remove your google account from the gmail app.

6. CPrescott

CPrescott Lurker

Hello all, I am new to Android so I will get straight to the point. Just purchased LG Phoenix from AT&T and love it. One problem though. After downloading a few apps from the Market, I got a "Low Memory" notification, so I thought....move apps to sd card to free up internal memory. Moved apps to sd card just fine but after a while when I would go to use them again, instead of the apps logo all or some of them would have the Android logo. When I would go to tap on them to open, it would display the message "Application not installed on phone". I would then delete shortcut icon and redownload. I have done this a couple of times now and I'm getting worried that something else is going on. Can anyone help?

7. 76ford90lx

76ford90lx Guest

Kind of sounds like they are being uninstalled instead of moved to the SDcard???

8. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

I have had this happen right after I turn on my phone. It takes a while for it to recognize apps on the SD card. Have you tried rebooting your phone when this happens? Obviously not a good solution, but just curious what happens when you do.