• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

apps on sd stopped working =\

adam_hilluk

Jun 10, 2010
Solihull, UK
Hey,

I'm really confused as to what's going on... All my apps installed to phone are fine. But all apps saved on SD card have just stopped working.

For example the game fruit slice is now called 'com.droidhen.fruit' and has a bog standard android image... also I still have the option to open it as if was installed but it tyen says force close or report :-( no idea what's going on.

Thought maybe SD card issue because I dropped phone other day and then all music and stuff stopped working. But when I took out and re inserted SD it was all ok again.

Baffled PLEASE help!

ive had that, fun isnt it.

only workaround i found was to rest the phone ( hold power button down ) and they all reset to their correct names.

no get the icon back to normal ones, long press on one of your home screens and shange the skin to anything else, and then back again. That will will reset the icons.

kind of annoying but i do not think there is a proper fix yet.

infact once when it change them to com.angrybirds, i had to manually remove all the icons from my home screen and drag them all back.....not had it in a while though.

are you using the memor card that came with the device
i upgraded to 16GB card off the net, which was giving me a few problems. HTC...very kindly...sent me a kingston 16GB card to test/keep, and this sorted a number of problems and ive not had this ocon trouble since then.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones