1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General apps on sd stopped working =\

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by adam_hilluk, Oct 25, 2011.

1. adam_hilluk

adam_hilluk Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 10, 2010
    Solihull, UK
    Hey,

I'm really confused as to what's going on... All my apps installed to phone are fine. But all apps saved on SD card have just stopped working.

For example the game fruit slice is now called 'com.droidhen.fruit' and has a bog standard android image... also I still have the option to open it as if was installed but it tyen says force close or report :-( no idea what's going on.

Thought maybe SD card issue because I dropped phone other day and then all music and stuff stopped working. But when I took out and re inserted SD it was all ok again.

Baffled PLEASE help!

Advertisement

2. johncf

johncf Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 22, 2011
    CAD
    leeds uk
    ive had that, fun isnt it.

only workaround i found was to rest the phone ( hold power button down ) and they all reset to their correct names.

no get the icon back to normal ones, long press on one of your home screens and shange the skin to anything else, and then back again. That will will reset the icons.

kind of annoying but i do not think there is a proper fix yet.

infact once when it change them to com.angrybirds, i had to manually remove all the icons from my home screen and drag them all back.....not had it in a while though.

are you using the memor card that came with the device
    i upgraded to 16GB card off the net, which was giving me a few problems. HTC...very kindly...sent me a kingston 16GB card to test/keep, and this sorted a number of problems and ive not had this ocon trouble since then.

3. adam_hilluk

None

Jun 10, 2010
    Solihull, UK
    Cheers for advice but still no luck :-( can't even install new apps to SD... might have to reformat SD tomorrow and see what that does

4. johncf

johncf Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 22, 2011
    CAD
    leeds uk
    yes worth a try, are you using the the sd card that came with the phone.

if a format does not work, let me know i have an 8GB card i would be happy to lend you then you can at least rule out if it is that.

adam_hilluk likes this.
  5. adam_hilluk

None

Jun 10, 2010
    Solihull, UK
    Thanks for your kind offer but I got it to work! Tried resetting again and it worked this time :)