• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Trying to familiarize myself with the idea of rooting and just A2SD+ in general but just reading this thread on the xda forums is daunting to me.

I know that feeling! I've been reading about rooting for about 2 months, mainly to create more storage on the SD card using a2sd+. It's only in the last week or so that I'm starting to feel like I understand the process well enough to give it a go. I have my own list of steps involved, with notes I add when I figure out new stuff.

Current plan is to root using UnrEVOked3 and flash with LeeDroid, which seems to be a good ROM for a2sd+. Still got a few details to figure out first :)

Upvote 0
Unrevoked roots. You can then put the rooted Rom on. Rooting alone us not enough if you want a2SD+. You then need a custom Rom that supports it. Teppics Rom has an add on you can flash to get this.

Ah, I thought rooting would allow A2SD+. But I guess I need to root, install a rooted rom like (teppics stock rooted rom or leedroid or whatever) then install A2SD+ separately?

@Evil genius

I did this...

http://androidforums.com/desire-tip...apps-sd-card-unrooted-device-noobs-guide.html

Upvote 0
Almost as many apps and 99% free with william's guide and not rooted! :p

If my internal memory was as small as yours and we installed all the same apps, I would have more free space than you and I would ve able to use all my apps and widgets fully with SD card mounted on my pc. Wink wink

As good as Williams guide is, its a poor substitute.for a2sd+

Ps done a wipe. 232MB internal memory free now

Upvote 0
If my internal memory was as small as yours and we installed all the same apps, I would have more free space than you and I would ve able to use all my apps and widgets fully with SD card mounted on my pc. Wink wink

As good as Williams guide is, its a poor substitute.for a2sd+

Ps done a wipe. 232MB internal memory free now
Yeah but I'm still learning about rooting, ol' buddy! ;)

Upvote 0
how do you pm another member?

If you're looking at a post of theirs, you start off by clicking their name. Or you can search for posts by them in the Advanced Search, then click on their name. This takes you to their Profile. Underneath their avatar picture, you'll see "Send Message" with a drop-down arrow to the right. Click this and choose whether you want to send them a Visitor Message or a Private Message.

Upvote 0
Which is ?

There's a long list of features for each ROM on the XDA Forum. Some are very simple but others are quite significant, such as including Flash 10 in the ROM partition so it takes up no storage space.

For example, here's the feature list of LeeDroid 2.2e:

What you get :
  • HTC Official FroYo Sense 2.2 FR91
  • Base - HTC RUU 2.10.405.2
  • Kernel 2.6.32.15-leedroid2.2f @snq-
  • Optional O/C max frequency @1190mhz (using setCPU)
  • Default governor & frequency - "Smartass" @245-998mhz
  • Available CPU Governors - interactive, conservative, powersave, ondemand, performance & smartass!
  • Interface to query/set cpu supply voltages for every frequency MORE INFO
  • Increased read ahead buffer size to improve SD R/W performance("sdfix")
  • Improved 2D & 3D Graphics performance ("GPU+")
  • Reduced boot.img size (for those with bad blocks) Thanks snq-
  • Cifs support & Manager
  • Supports EXT 2, 3 & 4 for A2SD+
  • A2SD+ Build de-odexed
  • Non A2SD+ build odexed
  • Non A2SD+ includes "mod install location" for FroYo A2SD (fat32)
  • Zipaligned to improve RAM performance
  • Bionic Nano command-line text editor support
  • Bionic Bash command shell support
  • Busybox
  • Heuge APN List
  • Quadrant benchamrks up to 1600!!
  • Reboot options in power menu Normal/Bootloader/Recovery/Hot Reboot (thanks to snq-)
  • Open VPN support
  • Very fast, Clean & stable
  • Video Capture, 720p & 480p
  • All App's in market for all regions
  • Track-Pad to wake & Unlock
  • New superuser permissions 2.3.5
  • Spare parts
  • Adobe Flash 10.1.95.2
  • Google Voice search & actions V2.0.1
  • Launcher2 & HTC Sense
  • HTC Get more widgets
  • HTC Battery widget
  • Voice dialer
  • Google Desk Clock
  • New Gmail V 2.3
  • New High res Gallery 3D with pinch to zoom
  • Google Car Home V2.2.1
  • YouTube V 2.0.26
  • Ad-Free + hosts
  • Android IME + Voice input!
  • DioPen IME
  • HTC IME
  • Android Genie Widget (News&Weather)
  • Includes - Titanium backup & ROM manager.
  • Lots of performance boosts!
  • Supported Languages: English, Czech, German, Espanol, French, Italian, Dutch, Polish, Russian, Norwegian, Korean, Greek, Turkish, Swedish, Danish, Portuguese, Finnish, Thai, Korean, Vietnamese, Chinese, Portuguese, Croatian. < All tested! (some locals may only be partial as they will not be coded into all applications)

You get all these WITH the ROM, so no storage space it used. Everything sits in the system partitian.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones