• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Apps opening on their own??

mjz773

Nov 22, 2009
Is it true that using a Task killer, actually opens your apps. I have noticed I will power on my phone and all of my apps will be their in the list. Also I have heard that that means they are ready to use but not neccesarily on. However, I kill all the tasks and still some will open a minute or two later, when I didnt open them. Its starting to bug me. I have Bettercut, with a few programs with different icons, and have beautiful widgets on one of the screen, with the silent, vibrate, and airplone widget. Swiping screens is really slow and laggy, I am not rooted or anything. I have the c14 update, is their any helpful way to fix this.

Also I will only have 30 Mbs open after 5 minutes of restarting the phone.
And don't say whats the big deal, if its working. Having more memory available makes apps runs smoother and faster.

The reason the apps keep popping up (I bet Moxier Mail and Voicecontrol are two of them) is because it is in their settings... Sprints default apps such as Moxier Mail, Voicecontrol, Nascar, NFL, ect, don't allow you to remove them or change when they start up. They are automatically restarted either when your phone boots up or when ever you 'kill' them...

The only way to get rid of the default apps is to obtain root.... You can remove them through the adb...

*I should have fully read your post... If you want any change in speed and performance, as well as removing the system apps, you will need to get root.... Its very simple... I'd be willing to help you out since it took me a while to figure it out on my own...*

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones