• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps Organizer: Keeps Your Phone Tidy

Apps Organizer Keeps Your Phone Tidy!
appsreviewimg.jpg

Developed by: Fabio Collini
Price: Free
Developer's description: Organize your Android applications using labels You can create a label shortcut (or a widget) with a custom icon on Android home (long touch on home and select shortcut) 1.5: widget support, if you have "Apps label" bug please use widgets instead of shortcuts

The Good:
  • Easy to use, user friendly
  • Shortcut widgets
  • Ability to add/customize labels

The Bad:
  • "Favorites" feature is useless

Introduction:
Is your home screen too crowded with apps? Well, you've come to the right place. Apps Organizer is an amazing app that allows you to group your apps into categories called "labels." You can assign any app to any label you desire. You can even customize and create your own labels. This app is simple and easy to use and should have your phone clean and organized in no time.

User Interface:
Nothing special here. Just your standard Android UI. It definitely gets the job done though. This app has a simple, user-friendly interface and is incredibly easy to use.

appsorg2.jpg

Using Apps Organizer:
When the application starts up, you are presented with all of the apps currently on your phone. When you tap on one of these apps, a windows pops up, showing you the labels it is selected for. When selected for a label, the app is placed in that category.

Tap the labels tab, and you are presented with the list of labels. Tap one of these to see all of the apps under that label. When you hit the menu button here, you are presented with these options:

New Label: This will allow you to add a label to Apps Organizer.
Reload: This refreshes the apps list. Use this if there is an app missing that you have recently installed.
Donate:: Donate money to the developer (Fabio Collini).
Preferences: - More settings for the application.
About: - Displays information about the developer.
Import: - Allows you to import settings.
Export: - Export (backsup) your settings.

When you long press any app in the shortcut window (explained later in the review) or in the Apps Organizer itself, you are presented with these options:

Choose Labels: Choose labels for the selected app.
Launch: Launches the selected app.
Uninstall: Uninstalls the selected app from your device.

Under the labels tab, you can long press any of the labels to get these options:

Rename: Allows you to change the name of the selected label.
Delete: Deletes the selected label.
Change Icon: Allows you to change the icon assigned to the selected label. You can choose form Android's default icon library, choose your own from the image gallery, use AndExplorer to browse for an icon, or choose from other icon packs installed on your device.
Select Apps: Choose apps for the selected label.
Add to home: Places a shortcut on the home screen.

appsorg3.jpg

Widgets:
When you press and hold on the home screen, tap widgets, then tap Apps Organizer, you are presented with a list of labels. Tap on of these to place a shortcut icon on your home screen. This give you instant access to any of the categories.

When you tap on the icon, a window pops up with all of the apps you have selected for that label. If you press the menu button here, you are provided with the list of the apps in that label, followed by every other app on your phone. This allows you to quicky remove or add apps to the label. You can also press and hold on one of the apps in the shortcut window to uninstall, launch or choose it's labels.

This is easily the most important feature in Apps Organizer. The shortcut feature allows users to quickly access the apps they want by category. Without shortcuts, this app is completely useless.

Favorites:
In Apps Organizer, there's a star icon at the far right for each app. When you tap the star, it favorites the app. When you click on the shortcut icon at the home screen, there is a star located in the top bar next to the label's name. Tap it, and it singles out the apps you have favorited. I actually found this feature pretty useless. I doubt anyone is going to have over 100 apps under a label.

appsorg.jpg

Conclusion:
Apps Organizer is a great app that's very useful for grouping apps into categories. It may not be very useful if you have a small library of apps, but if you have a ton of apps that you use regularly, then you may want to give Apps Organizer a shot.

Check out my video walkthrough below:

YouTube - Phandroid - Apps Organizer Walkthrough

Great review for a great app. :)

Hey, thanks! :)

Great review for a great app. :)

May I ask you something?

Why did you do the walkthrough with the Android SDK? I am assuming you have an Android phone since you are a phone guide. :thinking:

I don't have an Android phone.

I'm a phone guide because I showed interest and they let me in. :p

This is the phone I currently own:
152305.jpg

It's a Sony Ericsson w810i

Upvote 0
Nice review! OH, and that's totally the exact same pre-Android phone I had... except mine was Cingular branded and therefore kinda locked down in some areas. I still have it stored away for a rainy day if I up and decide to go overseas and need to pop in a prepaid card. That's something my CDMA Hero just can't quite do...

Anyway, keep up the good work! Congrats on being the 3rd winner, too!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones