1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Apps problem :(

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Ncaissie, May 19, 2011.

1. Ncaissie

Ncaissie Well-Known Member

My phone came with 8gb card in it. I purchased a few games and downloaded a bunch of free ones.
    I still have 4gb of space yet I can't download anything because the memory is full. I can't move anything else to the sd card because it's all grayed out. I have moved all the apps that would let me.
    So I pulled the sd card out and none of my apps have icons anymore. I put the card back in and they didn't come back. Will I have to buy those games again? How do I get more games if the phone says no memory even though there is 4gb of space.
    I wanted to buy a bigger card but this is a nightmare.

Any help would be appreciated.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Ncaissie

I have tried mounting the SD card but it says it's blank.
    It also wants me to format it.

3. dewalist

dewalist Android Enthusiast

It is the phone memory that is out of space? Under Settings look for "SD card & phone storage". Alternatively, try removing an app or two and downloading Disk Usage to see if it is something unexpected that is using up your space.

As far as I know, you should be able to download the games as many times as you want - it is only Gameloft that I know of who are douches and only let you download it once...

4. Ncaissie

Ok. I think I have game loft games. I'll have to check. My phone says it is out of memory. The phone will not see the apps on the sd card anymore.
    I need to backup the sd card when I get home and try starting over.

Thanks

5. Ncaissie

The gameloft game I have is golf. I will take my phone back if they don't let me redownload it. I got the game through my cell provider. If they want to keep the $477 a month they get from me they will have no choice.

6. dewalist

I'm not sure how that would work, then. I bought mine directly from Gameloft, and they sent me a link to downloaded the .apk file. The instructions specifically mentioned that I would not be able to download this again for a new phone.

I wanted it anyway so I did it, but it is hard to control accurately without real buttons so I should have waited for the Play... :-(

7. Ncaissie

I have the same phone. I just got it 2 weeks ago.

8. dewalist

If you bought it directly from them, then here is your answer:
    You said you bought it through your carrier, though - I'm not sure how that would work...

9. Ncaissie

It turns out my sd card is broken :(

I'll return it tomorrow. I'm going to buy a bigger one anyway but I still want them to replace it. I can use it elsewhere.

Sony Ericsson Xperia Play Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews