• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Apps randomly turning into SD icons

tmj1726

Lurker
Dec 25, 2011
I installed some apps, and randomly days later the icons for the apps turned into black microchip looking things with and SD on them. It has happened now a couple separate times with different apps. I delete and redownload them, but I have no idea what is going on.

The apps in question ... were they installed or moved to the sd card? Apps that are moved to the sd card will get a generic logo if a.) the phone is mounted as storage thereby unmounting the sd card in Android; b.) the phone isn't fully done scanning the sd card; c.) the sd card (or partition in the case of the SGS2) is damaged and needs to be reformatted; or d.) the apps data files have been inadvertently moved or deleted.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones