• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

apps running in the background?

gta1216

Aug 23, 2011
after i'm done using an app, whether it requires net connection (4g) or not, how do i know if its closed or still running in the background? i usually just tap the home button and put the phone down. does that close the app or do i need to do something else? i don't want it to use up my data if it is still running in the bg.

back in the days when i'm using a symbian phone, application does not close if i press menu or clear. by doing that, it just hide and continue to stay open in the bg, until i manually close each running application.

i don't mean i will force stop them, but just wanted to know if i need to close anything after using anything on the phone. i don't want to keep it running in the bg if not supposed to be (bc i failed to close it properly after use) and cause it to drain my battery and use up my data plan.

how do i know what i need to leave running? the following is the list under running.

settings
pvwmdrmproxy
mail
swm-c
lookout
calendar
calendar
visual voicemail
telenav gps navigator
pvwmdrmservice
google services
htc sense
backup
maps
touch input

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones