1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Apps Running Without Opening Them

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by GDTEvo, Feb 6, 2011.

1. GDTEvo

GDTEvo Lurker

Hey all, I just got my Evo from Sprint about a week ago.

Its a good phone, but mines been having a couple problems. The first is apps running without me opening them. I open ATK and things are running such as Nova, Flickr, Qik, and various other apps I didn't open. At first I thought it was just ATK messing up, but then I goto Applications>Manage>Running and there they are.

Another (big) problem Im having is the YouTube app. I literally cant play any videos. I get perfect reception, and its Sorry this video cannot be played. Same if im on WiFi. My friend will be standing next to me with his Sprint Evo and it works fine.

Any help with this problems would be greatly appreciated.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Wadester

Wadester Well-Known Member

First, there are a number of apps that will start automatically out of the box unless you make some changes and each one is different so you'll have to research each one. Some want to login/sync while other may just want to look for an update. For example, I believe Google Voice logs you in automatically. You have to tell it to log out and not log you in each time your phone boots. Check each app's settings.

There is a debate about automatic task killers and their usefulness. Android was designed to have apps running whether you're using them or not and it manages them and your memory utilization fairly well enough to not need task killers. I don't use any and mine runs very well with great battery life (Fresh ROM).

If there is a built-in app that you don't need that just won't die, consider rooting your phone and use an app like System App Remover to permanently get rid of stock apps.

As far as YouTube, have you downloaded the latest version of Flash? It's been updated about 4-5 times since I got mine in June.

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews