• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Apps Safe to Remove After Root

Are there any other apps that can be removed? I want to get rid of some of the bloat but I'm paranoid doing so with no recovery. I'd love to remove some apps like:

android live wallpapers
boost zone
bubbles
chrome
google+
mobile id
smartshare

But I just don't have the courage after the LG support tool bricked my phone...

Upvote 0
Ok, I can confirm that Bubbles and Android Live Wallpapers can be removed. I've disabled Chrome and Google+, but how can they actually be removed? There's no option in the Apps list (only "Force Stop" and "Disable").

You can not delete system apps -apps pre-installed on the phone- by Android alone. I reccommend you download Titanium Backup. You can delete any application on the phone. As always, be careful; Do not delete apps you feel that will brick the phone.

Once you get into Titanium Backup, click on "Backup/Restore" tab. Click on any app and you will have the option to backup, freeze, and uninstall -and other options too.

Reactions: Deleted User
Upvote 0
And PLEASE - make a nandroid backup in Recovery (IF you have a custom Recovery) BEFORE deleting system elements! If you delete something or freeze it in TiBU and the phone borks, just go into Recovery, wipe and restore the nandroid. It'll be like nothing ever happened :)

If you DON'T have a custom recovery that makes nandroid backups, proceed with deletions at your own extreme risk.

Reactions: MasterCylinder
Upvote 0
I've removed all of this using adb and no brick yet:
Code:
 rm GoogleBackupTransport.apk rm GoogleBackupTransport.odex rm GoogleCalendarSyncAdapter.apk rm GoogleCalendarSyncAdapter.odex rm GoogleContactsSyncAdapter.apk rm GoogleContactsSyncAdapter.odex rm GoogleFeedback.apk rm GoogleFeedback.odex rm GoogleLoginService.apk rm GoogleLoginService.odex rm GooglePartnerSetup.apk rm GooglePartnerSetup.odex rm GoogleServicesFramework.apk rm GoogleServicesFramework.odex rm GoogleTTS.apk rm GoogleTTS.odex rm FaceLock.apk rm FaceLock.odex rm Gmail.apk rm Gmail.odex rm ID.apk rm ID.odex rm Talk.apk rm Talk.odex rm Books.apk rm Books.odex rm BoostZone.apk rm BoostZone.odex rm ChromeBookmarksSyncAdapte rm ChromeBookmarksSyncAdapte rm ChromeWithBrowser.apk rm ChromeWithBrowser.odex rm Phonesky.apk rm Phonesky.odex rm PlusOne.apk rm PlusOne.odex rm StreamingPlayer.apk rm StreamingPlayer.odex rm Street.apk rm Street.odex rm Videos.apk rm Videosbin.apk rm Videosbin.odex rm WeatherThemebin.apk rm WeatherThemebin.odex rm Music2.apk rm Music2.odex rm Musicbin.apk rm Musicbin.odex rm Magazines.apk rm Magazines.odex rm GMS_Maps.apk rm GMS_Maps.odex rm AlarmClockbin.apk rm AlarmClockbin.odex rm SmartShare.apk rm SmartShare.odex rm GmsCore.apk rm GmsCore.odex

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones