1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Apps settings on phone won't save.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by kryptonite708, Jun 25, 2011.

1. kryptonite708

kryptonite708 Lurker
    None

Jun 25, 2011
    Hello, I'm a first time poster. I just got my first android a few weeks ago and just started reading these forums (thumbs up btw). Anyways my samsung infuse was fine but I reformat it after getting my 32gb micro sd card and ever since the apps settings on my phone won't save.

For example everytime I start the app it is as if I just downloaded that app. I do not have my phone rooted or anything but I do have the *load app from unknown sources* checked. It's been pretty frustrating since every time I want to use an app I have to configure the settings again.

Just a heads up since is this my first smart phone ever I have absolutely no clue how to fix it. If anyone have any suggestion of how to fix my problem please let me know. I thank you in advance.

Advertisement

2. Rockinfigs

Rockinfigs Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 21, 2010

i had the same problem with some apps..i figured out that some apps especially that have widgets needs to be installed on the phone mem to work properly..so goto that app thats giving you problems under setting and application and move the app to phone mem instead of SD card.

3. Rockinfigs

None

Jul 21, 2010
    also keep in mind..once you move it to the phone mem from SD card you have to restart the phone.

4. kryptonite708

kryptonite708 Lurker
    None

Jun 25, 2011
    Ahh okay thank you so much for the reply I will give it a try. If it doesn't work I'm thinking of restoring it to factory default setting and see if that works. I do have one follow up questions though if I reset it to factory default setting will my SMS get erased? Thanks again

Edit: Is moving the apps to phone my only option or is there a way around that so I can keep it in the SD card?

5. Rockinfigs

None

Jul 21, 2010
    yes if you restore your phone u will lose all your sms..

well for me i dont install every app on phone mem..i only install those that needs to be on phone mem..but most reg apps its on sd card