1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Apps showing up greyed out

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by tommybayshore, Mar 13, 2016.

1. tommybayshore

tommybayshore Newbie
    None

Oct 25, 2014
    Male
    Orlando, FL
    So i got a 200GB SD for my new S7edge, loaded the card in it, so far so good until i went into my apps, and changed the storage location from internal to external (all in hopes of saving my precious 32gb of internal storage)... most of the system apps wouldn't let me change their location but on the 50+ additional apps i installed it gave me the option to move the app to external storage. So i did this and all was fine, then i rebooted the phone, then all my programs were greyed out, similar to what would happen if you pulled the SD card out and started up the phone, but the card is still in the phone. I rebooted about 5x and the apps "seem" to have come back although many of them required me to re enter all my info... anyone else have this issue or tell me if i did something wrong here?

Advertisement

2. Snakeyeskm

Snakeyeskm Android Expert

Apr 8, 2014
    Male
    Investment Banking
    US
    Too many apps on the SD card and/or a slow SD card. It might be taking your S7 edge OS a long time to access these apps on the SD card. Try restarting and then leave it alone for some time and then check the condition of the icons.

KOLIO likes this.
  3. KOLIO

KOLIO Guest
    None
    I have a relatively fast card (Sandisk 200 GB) & even a game as tame as Bejeweled2 would not run at all.
    A slow(er) card is a definite possibility................

Samsung Galaxy S7

The Samsung Galaxy S7 was launched in 2016 and was one of two devices in the lineup. The device features a 5.1-inch display with a resolution of 2560 x 1440, 4GB of RAM, 32GB of storage, and a 12MP rear camera.