• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help apps stay awake causing battery drain

Heisenberg123

Android Enthusiast
Sep 25, 2012
Hamilton, ON
lately ive noticed apps running in the background causing huge battery drain, I first noticed my batter dropping a percent every few minutes even with my phone in my pocket

I opened application manager and seen apps showing in the list, I use to believe these were in a frozen state but they had ram and cpu usage assigned to them forcing them closed made my battery stop with the rapid draining

any way to stop this other than manually closing them every time

having apps cached in RAM isnt draining the battery. By closing them, in the longrun youll use more battery because opening them uses more power.
Sounds like at least one of your apps is misbehaving though so you have to try n track it down. In Data Usage in Settings, is any app usin a lot of background data?

Reactions: Rxpert83
Upvote 0
Also make sure you clear your ram, clearing your will closed down any app thats still running.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1366072623147.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1366072623147.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 74
Upvote 0
How about disabling them through AppMgr. Move over to all. You will get a list of all the apps on the phone. You can delete those you yourself have added, and disable those that can't be deleted. When you might want to re-enable them, just go towards the end of the list which will show the disabled apps and put them back in action. Hope this helps.

JM

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones