• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Apps stay loaded

DNick

Android Enthusiast
Dec 10, 2010
So I have a question. The past few roms I've loaded, all my apps have remained. I've wiped before flashing each time. I went back to a different version of MIUI this last time, all my apps were there, but most of them would FC upon opening. So I used titanium back up to uninstall, then restore all of the apps, and presto they all worked like normal. My question is why are my apps staying installed after wiping and going to a different rom. They didn't do that the first few times I flashed new roms.

No, I doubt the roms comes with all of my apps. And like I said, alot of the apps wouldn't open after switching to MIUI from Oxygen. I press the app, and get a nearly instant force closes. I just uninstalled, the reinstalled the lot of them, and that fixed the FC's.

Upvote 0
When you first boot after installing the rom do you leave all the Google boxes selected, because Google backs up some apps if you have selected it previously. Try unselecting all the tick boxes when you first boot, or better still skip the Google stuff and see if they are still there, then go to the market and sign in, I had a similar thing a while ago.

Reactions: DNick
Upvote 0
Hopefully it will be this,I had it on mine, and its all the Apps I first ever had when I got the phone, all daft apps like fart sound board and voice changers! Lol, plus the annoying thing with it is when you have signed in they all download, so if you go to my apps you can see them all. Very annoying. It also remembers your wifi settings, so if you find you never have to re enter your wifi password, thus is why.

Upvote 0
All right, so I went back to Oxygen yesterday, made sure not click the google restore box upon set up. I'm running ClockworkMod Recovery v2.5.0.9. I am CDMA. Do i need to worry about different recoveries for GSM and CDMA, or are they all they same?

Oh yeah, the problem of the apps was still there. But I haven't got any force closes from them though....

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones