1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Apps still work with sim card change?

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by beer30, Aug 14, 2011.

1. beer30

beer30 Lurker
    None

Aug 12, 2011
    I'm looking at making the jump to an android phone and I'm wondering if I swap sim cards will all the apps I download will still function correctly?

Really interested if the sms forwarding type apps will still work without fussing with changing settings every time I change sims as that's the big thing I need for my business.

Incase anyone thinks I'm wanting to sms spam that's NOT the case I just need a phone that will forward the texts I receive to my email.

Advertisement

2. Slug

Slug Check six!
    None

Aug 1, 2009
    Male
    Mobile phone retail
    Inverness, UK
    Apps from the Market are linked to a specific Google account, so swapping SIMs has no effect on function. I've got a pre-pay SIM that I regularly swap between handsets for testing with no adverse effects. Apps that are dependent on phone numbers might be different though, as these will obviously change with the SIM.

3. !on

!on Android Expert
    None

Aug 14, 2011
    Male
    UK
    To swap sim it needs to be generic unlocked device,

or use without sim you can login to your gmail account (use on wifi).

4. takeshi

takeshi Android Expert
    None

Dec 6, 2009
    Well, obviously, you won't be able to receive SMS sent to the number on your first SIM with the second SIM installed (and vice versa).

5. beer30

beer30 Lurker
    None

Aug 12, 2011
    I know I'll need an unlocked phone and that I can't receive texts from multiple numbers at once. I do know how phones work I just don't know how the android OS works since I don't have one yet. Was hoping to find out whether or not it will suit my needs before spending money.

So let me rephrase my question to make it a bit clearer. I'm hoping to find out if an android app will forward texts of whatever phone number/sim card is in the phone at the time without having to go in and change settings?

Basically I need a phone or app that will allow me to change nothing but the sim card in the phone and have it now forward the texts being since to the sim I just put in the phone.

Sorry for not making my question clearer before but thank you those that have tried to help so far.

6. MyNamesTooLong

MyNamesTooLong Android Expert
    None

Jan 17, 2011

Yes it will work...assuming you found an app that forwards texts the phone receives, not an app that relies on your phone number

beer30 likes this.