1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Apps stuck mid-download

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by PTNLemay, Sep 5, 2011.

1. PTNLemay

PTNLemay Newbie

I saw a few threads that were similar to this, but they were on other devices, so I'm not sure if those solutions would work... the ones I did try like reboot or "clear the market cache" did not work.

The application is the paid version of PlayerPro. I wasn't really content with the default music player, and I heard on CNET TV that this was one of the best alternatives out there. I tried PowerAmp and I was really annoyed that you can't turn off the equalizer (try as I might to turn it off, it came back on every time) so I settled on PlayerPro. The biggest problem with this one is that the lock-screen widget only comes up half the time. But anyway... I'll bring that up in another thread. For now let's focus on the problem at hand.

I had the trial version downloaded, along with a skin, the pale one. The trial then ended, but the app kept working... it continuously gave me notices that it had expired but it continued to play music. I let it do it's thing for a while and then finally decided on paying for it today. I saw that they recently put out an update that claimed to fix bugs. I held out some hope that maybe the full version would have less bugs than the trial.

I waited for around 15 minutes, and the bar stayed gray and "downloading". I tried to cancel the download and start again, it still gets stuck on downloading. I rebooted the devices, started again, still nothing. I cleared the market cache, rebooted, re-downloaded, Nothing... Can anyone please help me?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. PTNLemay

PTNLemay Newbie

I just noticed that in the market, at the trial's page it mentions that the trial app is a "standalone" and that it should be uninstalled before you attempt to install the full paid version. I assumed it would be like a version update or something, but no... so I uninstalled the trial and tried again.

Going on 7 minutes now and it's still stuck on download... please, I don't want to have to go back to PowerAmp. Not to mention lose the 5 dollars I just put in PP.

3. PTNLemay

PTNLemay Newbie

VICTORY!

I figured it out, you have to uninstall the trial, uninstall all the skins you downloaded, then do a FULL shut down (reboot won't cut it), wait a minute or two, do the boot up, THEN go to the market and download the little bugger.

Now, onto the inoperable volume keys on my headset!

EDIT:
    *GRRRR* Spoke too soon, something is definitely still up. None of the skins I had installed during the trial will download now. They all get stuck mid-download just like PlayerPro did. I'm trying to reinstall a game I had downloaded earlier (Cut The Rope) and it's also getting stuck. I have no idea what's going on.

4. PTNLemay

PTNLemay Newbie

Confirmed, no apps are downloading. Skype, which I had downloaded a while back and removed, is also stuck mid-download. It's always just the gray bar, it never moves onto the green one.

I can only hope that I'm having trouble connecting with the Android Market or something, and that it will fix itself sooner or later.

5. PTNLemay

PTNLemay Newbie

Okay... I got a random solution here, not sure if it's a coincidence or what, but here it is.

I downloaded LauncherPro, and it succeeded. And since I switched out HTC Sense for it, the apps seem to be coming in OK. Let's hope it stays working, will keep you all updated.

6. Harish Harris

Harish Harris Well-Known Member

lol dude.. You are trying out a lot of things by yourself even though no one has replied.. But let us know when your problem gets solved :)

7. SoxmisUK

SoxmisUK Lurker

I had the similar problems to you, and found appbrain have a handy thing called Fast Web Installer that suddenly allowed all those sticking while downloading apps to flood in!

Had no problems since.

HTC Wildfire S Forum

The HTC Wildfire S release date was May 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1230mAh battery.

May 2011
Release Date
Reviews