• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Apps that aren't working on the DNA

vjetti

Apr 29, 2010
Dallas
Some key apps that I was used to having on my old school Incredible don't work on the DNA. I am hoping this is just because of how new the phone is, or waiting for apps to update to Jelly Bean. These are:

1) Skype - I just get a black screen when I try to video chat. I'm not a fan of Google Plus for video chat, any other good apps for this purpose?

2) Economist - I believe their app just doesn't support Jelly Bean yet. My main news source.

3) Good for Enterprise - needed to access my work e-mail. DNA is unsupported

Any other key apps out there that you all can't use yet?

From a thread in another forum , these are listed .. I know MAX GO doesn't work (isn't available in the Play Store for download on the DNA even), I can't vouch for the rest ..

Xbox Smart Glass
Angry Birds Star Wars
Max GO
Google Wallet
Need for Speed most wanted
My-Cast
Widgetsoid
Google Play - Library Widget
ESPN College Football

Upvote 0
Some key apps that I was used to having on my old school Incredible don't work on the DNA. I am hoping this is just because of how new the phone is, or waiting for apps to update to Jelly Bean. These are:

1) Skype - I just get a black screen when I try to video chat. I'm not a fan of Google Plus for video chat, any other good apps for this purpose?

2) Economist - I believe their app just doesn't support Jelly Bean yet. My main news source.

3) Good for Enterprise - needed to access my work e-mail. DNA is unsupported

Any other key apps out there that you all can't use yet?

I use both Skype and Good. No issues with either one.

Upvote 0
Good now works, as the DNA is supported! I guess I will try to uninstall and reinstall Skype tonight. But I'm actually finding that Tango meets my video chat needs so I don't really require it.

Going to try side loading the economist app as well..
---> and side loading works perfectly! Although I have the black bar on the bottom, otherwise it's fine. Why do apps show up as incompatible in the Store if they actually do work fine?

Upvote 0
ESPN Score Center is not working I just discovered, with the DNA. Arrrrgh :mad:

2012-12-20%252010.09.01.png

Upvote 0
works just fine if you side load it. I'm sure a quick google search will prove fruitful...

Let me google that for you

Thanks, I had installed it via the APK this afternoon. I guess the thread could be for apps not working or not AVAILABLE for the DNA. This one like some others in not available for the DNA for some crazy reason. Very frustrating to be honest.

Upvote 0
I don't know about others but I think I would prefer it if developers would just set it so all apps could be downloaded on any phone and if they don't work then they dont work but give the option to try.

The DNA is incompatible with quite a few apps but a lot of them seem to work when being sideloaded, just a workaround that could be easily solved it seems.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones