• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps that DONT work on Droid

Jaxx10

Nov 2, 2009
Well Ive been playin with my droid and i have installed and uninstalled a few apps
Here is my list as WELL AS OTHERS reporting:

*NOTE: as of 11/17 not compatible with android 2.0 YET *
aHome. not compatible
Dxtop UPDATE 2.3 works:D
SnapNTell works great but you CANT have any other scanner installed & cant read SQ code
[B]ShopSavvy[/B]...update v3.5.5 works[/COLOR]:D
Locale update to .692Beta to work with droid !:D
beautiful widgets WORKS !!!:D
Neocore doesnt work correctly
express newsupdate 1.1.25 WORKS:D
UStream tells you it's not compatible
Some emulators works :D <-- per thread http://androidforums.com/motorola-droid/15001-emulators-work.html IT does ..please someone check and let us know to update list
TetherWifi not working
IM+Lite crashing occasionally but the IM+ FULL works:D
Snake doesnt work
Sky Deck doesnt work
Bejeweled freezes
OPEN HOME 3.3 ...WORKS:D
Compare Everywhere.. pulled from market ..
LAyar ..some reporting not working...anyone else?
Panda HOme v.1.6.2 ...not compat w/ droid .... update coming soon per dev..check back
Snow Weather Widget.. not working ..
ChompSms... pulled from market
Net Counter.. not working
Spotify.. not working
Accuweather v 1.02 seems to work
Flycast.. not working
Formula 1 ... crashes

Shopsavvy - Same issues as original post

Home Defense - Can't seem to pull it up in market, regardless of how I try. (not necessarily phone related)

DxTop and aHome battery Meter - Neither of these gave me errors, but I can't seem to access them now that they are installed. They just plain don't show up anywhere except in market.

Locale will initiate fine, but it won't turn my ringer back on after the set amount of time... I have to do it manually every time. Tried reinstalling. Same result.

Upvote 0
It wouldn't le me download beautiful widgets for some reason it kept giving me a network error. I also can;t find mobile defense available yet.

Yeah, same note that I put in my post.

That actually bugs me... I can't think of another app more important to me than that one, and it just disappeared? They have the option of a manual download on their page, I think... but I couldn't get to the download either. Page not found.

I was going to email them tonight (if I can find an email), but I got sidetracked with all of these posts. lol. You can tell a new phone launched today. In the 3 hours it takes me to finish my courier route... 4 days ago - 33 posts. 3 days ago - 52 posts. 2 days - 127 posts. Last night - 353. Tonight - 1,376.

Upvote 0
damn, thats the #1 app im gonna install when i get mine.. cant use the phone without that hero clock ;)

openhome may or may not work
Look up an app called weather widget - donate. Its another Hero style flip clock with time, date and weather.

Edit: I recommend Beautiful Widgets as it looks better, but this ones good too.

Edit 2: Might want to give Market, and app makers some time to catch up to 2.0 before trying to adjust your home screens with open home. aHome. and the like.

Upvote 0
I'm not an Android expert, so hopefully someone can calm my fears...but this seems like a major annoyance, if you can't expect backwards compatibility and you're going to have to wait for a lot of apps to catch up everytime the OS is updated. Are there any measures being taken in the 2.0 firmware to ensure more compatibility from 2.0 forward? Like once everyone has brought their apps up to date with 2.0 they'll be more future-proof?

Upvote 0
I'm not an Android expert, so hopefully someone can calm my fears...but this seems like a major annoyance, if you can't expect backwards compatibility and you're going to have to wait for a lot of apps to catch up everytime the OS is updated. Are there any measures being taken in the 2.0 firmware to ensure more compatibility from 2.0 forward? Like once everyone has brought their apps up to date with 2.0 they'll be more future-proof?
What you're asking for isnt really backwards compatability but rather forward compatibility which likely wont happen as the app devs cant really predict what will and wont work in the future. Most off the good apps all have great support and they usually get things worked out rather quickly.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones