• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps that DONT work on Droid

I just tested ShopSavvy on my wife's bag of Flamin Hot Cheetos sitting next to me and it worked just as fast as it did on the MyTouch i used to have.
EDIT:
Woundn't scan a bottle of water (which i had scanned on the myTouch) or an 8GB PNY MicroSD, but when i went back to the bag of Cheetos it worked just fine again. Maybe our Droids are hungry?

Upvote 0
For my wife's B-day, I got us both a Droid. She uses her BlueTooth headset for calls but not always. All of the ones I downloaded cannot tell if the BlueTooth is enabled, and also none can toggle it.

Anyone having any luck?

You don't need a seperate app for this. Go to widgets and there is one called Power, you can put tbhat on your home screen and toggle away.

There is also an app called DG Quickcut. It allows you to make dropcuts, which you can place items in your drop down notifications. This is handy because it makes that item instantly available no matter where you are in the phone.

Upvote 0
Great news, we updated ShopSavvy over the weekend and it is now supporting both the Verizon Droid and Android 2.0. The fix means ShopSavvy works almost as well on the Droid as it does on the HTC devices. Once Motorola updates their camera firmware it should work perfectly.

We recognize that as more and more phones are released ShopSavvy (and any app that scans a barcode) will need to be tweaked to accommodate different frame rates and focal lengths. We have decided to port our iPhone scanning library (i.e. allowing for blurry barcode scanning) to Android. Once we update ShopSavvy to include 'meatloaf' (this is the name of our scanning software) it should work on ANY Android phone that has a camera (knock on wood).

Anyway, enjoy ShopSavvy on your Droid - I am...

Upvote 0
Great news, we updated ShopSavvy over the weekend and it is now supporting both the Verizon Droid and Android 2.0. The fix means ShopSavvy works almost as well on the Droid as it does on the HTC devices. Once Motorola updates their camera firmware it should work perfectly.

We recognize that as more and more phones are released ShopSavvy (and any app that scans a barcode) will need to be tweaked to accommodate different frame rates and focal lengths. We have decided to port our iPhone scanning library (i.e. allowing for blurry barcode scanning) to Android. Once we update ShopSavvy to include 'meatloaf' (this is the name of our scanning software) it should work on ANY Android phone that has a camera (knock on wood).

awesome news! The thought of this program was great to me, but I ended up uninstalling it after a day or two of trying. I am redownloading it as I type this. :D

Upvote 0

I tried ShopSavvy on Friday with no success at all.

I just downloaded the new version and it's working flawlessly though! Thanks for the quick update!

Upvote 0

Works like a charm! I also appreciate the fast email replies over the weekend!!!

Upvote 0
For my wife's B-day, I got us both a Droid. She uses her BlueTooth headset for calls but not always. All of the ones I downloaded cannot tell if the BlueTooth is enabled, and also none can toggle it.

Anyone having any luck?

I'm using the built-in widget to toggle WiFi/BT/GPS/Sync/Bright controls. Using an original Jawbone headset with my Droid. I just tested it twice to confirm and it drops my headset when I toggle BT off from the widget and it automatically reconnects when I toggle on.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones