• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps that download data

instead of starting a new thread i will ask here. does the hero have a compass built in?when i googled it i got very little info about it. if yes how do i access it, also my original rom had google maps but i put a new one in (2.2 modaco i think?) and i it doesnt have it.so i downloaded google maps from the market but it seems somewhat stripped down.i am sure the original had birds eye views etc unless im thinkin of something else

Upvote 0
instead of starting a new thread i will ask here. does the hero have a compass built in?when i googled it i got very little info about it. if yes how do i access it, also my original rom had google maps but i put a new one in (2.2 modaco i think?) and i it doesnt have it.so i downloaded google maps from the market but it seems somewhat stripped down.i am sure the original had birds eye views etc unless im thinkin of something else

I do not think the hero has a build in compass, you would have to download a compass app from the market and google maps on my phone has a birds eye view, as in looking straight down if thats what you mean.

Upvote 0
I do not think the hero has a build in compass, you would have to download a compass app from the market and google maps on my phone has a birds eye view, as in looking straight down if thats what you mean.

no it is at an angle, 3d so to speak. i think bing provide the image.but my google maps doesnt show this!! unless it is an app orange provided

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones