1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Apps that show up in the market on one phone, but not another? Help please!

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by burghman, Nov 11, 2010.

1. burghman

burghman New Member

Nov 11, 2010
    I upgraded from an Eris to an Incredible yesterday, and to my dismay, when I went to download apps that I had on my Eris from the market, many were not there. For example, I had several family guy sound boards. Searching "family guy" from my increrdible, i got a total of 33 hits. Only 2 soundboards. I got at least 100 if not more searching from the Eris. Any help would be greatly appreciated, I simply must have the Mr. Herbert "Guess who?" again for a ringtone lol.

Advertisement

2. MurphyTheOptimist

MurphyTheOptimist Active Member

Oct 14, 2010
    Yeah, this is weird. My friend said freaking angry birds doesn't show up in the market on his phone. I also couldn't find typo clock on my phone.

3. Benjie

Benjie Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2010
    Working and having fun
    Paradise
    I once heard a rumor that the market is device specific for many of the apps.

4. tigrr07

tigrr07 Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2009
    This is true.

5. NOMster

NOMster Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2009
    GA
    i'm having the same issue. my phone (optimus s) shipped with froyo and well over half my paid apps aren't showing up. i can't imaging why espn radio or world festivals would be device specific. emailed google with no luck. of course.

6. chinoAlone

Sep 26, 2010
    Could this be some kind of competition? If so it really does harm to Android's openess!

7. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2010
    Male
    FAS Admin
    It's not about openness or anything but about information flow between Google and phone manufacturers.