1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Apps to delete?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by wilemonhunter, Apr 23, 2012.

1. wilemonhunter

wilemonhunter Member

Can you delete apps such as Google talk, Gmail, metroweb, stock launcher, Google search, and YouTube, to free up phone memory, then redownload to put them on SD card? And as for the launcher, can I download go launcher or adw? And for metroweb, download dolphin browser?

I'm currently running stock++, rooted, overclocked with requisites cwm and kernel.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. RedBeansNrice

RedBeansNrice Member

3. jerofld

jerofld Fixing stuff is not easy

Do not freeze/delete Google Talk. You won't get Google Play to work again until you reflash the ROM.

Also, I moved this thread from the Admire general section to here :)

4. DQScott95

DQScott95 Well-Known Member

Not true, i deleted talk and everything works just fine.

5. jerofld

jerofld Fixing stuff is not easy

Interesting. A number of other devices (my own included) have issues with constant force closures if GTalk is disabled or removed.

6. Demented755

Demented755 Android Enthusiast

If this were true, I wouldn't be able to download everything I've downloaded from the Play Store.

Google Talk is not needed.

7. Jxillex

Jxillex Lurker

Hello,

The phone stock will vary, not every phone could be replicated the same way so there are issues that may or may not occur. The best advice to give you would be to use an application like “Titanium Backup*root” (will only work if your phone has root access) and as you make a backup, simply uninstall the applications of your choosing. In case something backfires, you can recover what was removed.

Hope this answers your question.

Sincerely,

Jxillex

wilemonhunter likes this.
  8. wilemonhunter

wilemonhunter Member

Thank you, and I was wondering, has anyone tried installing the samsung app store? I tried, but it won't install. And in the website it says the admire is supported.

9. It's probably a system app. If you download it you need to move it to system/app and change the permission using Root Browser Lite by JRummy 16
    [​IMG]

10. wilemonhunter

wilemonhunter Member

Well how do you change permissions? I purchased root explorer from the market.

Samsung Admire Forum

The Samsung Admire release date was September 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.5" inch screen, 3MP camera, GB RAM, processor, and 1600mAh battery.

September 2011
Release Date
Reviews