1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support apps to media card issue

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by rankman, May 31, 2011.

1. rankman

rankman Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 6, 2010
    Male
    PA
    Anyone know why when I move a app to media area the shortcut will disappear after normal reboot. The icon is fine after I place it back on the home screen and stays fine until I power off the phone and power it back on and than it disappears again.

Advertisement

2. Dubie220

Dubie220 Newbie
    None

Sep 25, 2010
    I have the same problem

3. DROID Grammy

DROID Grammy Lurker
    None

Dec 8, 2009
    Quality System/Customer Claims
    Indianapolis, In
    I have had this also in the last week, but only on 4 shortcuts. Some were Amazon apps and some from the market. Downloaded several games and move to media area. Rebooted phone since it had been a couple of days. As usual, Icon picture on shortcut dissapeared--Lookout scanned all apps at startup and the ones that have been changing to a generic pix all "fixed" themselves after the scan.... Wierd.

Update: Icons still loose their icon on reboot, but installing a shortcut to Evernote, an application in the media are of the internal SD memory restores the correct icon....

4. ccarson8

ccarson8 Lurker
    None

Dec 9, 2009
    Ohio
    I haven't tried moving any apps to the sd card but have noticed that every time the phone boots up it acts like I just put a new sd card in. If you check the notification bar it says something about preparing the external storage.

I wonder if this is the reason the shortcuts to apps located on the card are broken after a reboot.

5. rankman

rankman Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 6, 2010
    Male
    PA
    so it seems that everyone is impacted. I still cant figure a work around because i have some games that are pretty big and i rather have them in the media area

6. CPR

CPR Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 14, 2010
    I lose many shortcuts and and widgets I've put on a home screen for Pulse and Power Amp. I basically have to uninstall the apps and re-install to get the widgets back. Seems kinda lame.