• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps to monitor what other apps are doing?

Roadblock

Jun 1, 2010
Earth
Are there any apps that will record what another app is doing? For example, when I use an app and it sends data, or receives data etc, is there a way for me to monitor what and how it's being done? Be it via wifi, sprint, to what servers, from what servers etc.

I dont just need to know HOW the data is being sent, I need to know everything about it. From, to, ip's, url's, etc.

Basically I want to see what an apps doing and possibly block certain things.

droidwall - Project Hosting on Google Code

"
REQUIRES ROOT ACCESS - Tested on a HTC G1 with JF and CyanogenMod ROMs
Droid Wall - Android Firewall is a front-end application for the powerful iptables Linux firewall. It allows you to restrict which applications are permitted to access your data networks (2G/3G and/or Wi-Fi).
This is the perfect solution if you don't have an unlimited data plan, or just wants to see your battery lasting longer.
After installing, press menu and click Help for an explanation on how to use it."

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones