1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Apps to SD and Dolphin Browser

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by NinjaMom, Apr 22, 2011.

1. NinjaMom

NinjaMom Newbie
    None

May 24, 2010
    I did a search but didn't come up with what I was looking for. How do you move apps to the SD card like you would on say an HTC evo?

Also, I can not seem to find dolphin browser in the market. Do I need to do the market fix more than once?

Advertisement

2. luvduchovny

luvduchovny Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 28, 2011
    Texas
    Sometimes it takes time for the market to populate things. The market fix may help. But sometimes just rebooting a few times clears it up.

To move apps to the sd card, you go to Settings->Applications->Manage Applications, look for the app you want to move and select it. If it will let you you should see along with buttons like clear data / clear cache there should be a Move to SD Card. If it's greyed out there isn't much you can do about it. If you have something on the SD you want moved back to the tablet that choice changes to Move to Tablet.

If Dolphin doesn't appear on market you can always get it here:

http://www.freewarelovers.com/android/app/dolphin-browser-hd

3. NinjaMom

NinjaMom Newbie
    None

May 24, 2010
    Thanks for your response.

I am running Caulkin's G-Tab Rom... and the standard way to move apps to SD is not there. I know I have plenty that can be moved because app2sd is installed and I have a list of apps from that. Not to mention I have a lot of these apps on my evo and they are on my external sd card....

I have place a request in the ROM thread about this, but have heard nothing as of yet. I was opening there was a work around I could do. I have my Evo running stock since I am a chicken on voiding its warranty.. LOL... Hence why my hubby got me the tablet so I could hack away.

4. xmr405o

xmr405o Android Expert
    None

Dec 7, 2009
    You know, if I remember correctly CM7 is set up that way where apps are installed to the external sd card. I remember when I ran cm7, it wouldn't let me install angry birds because it was looking for a sdcard. I personally like having my apps stored in the internal memory rather than on a sd card so I had to tweak cm7 to get it the way I preferred.

I'm not sure how the evo's memory is set up but my gtab's memory (and I think its standard for most of the ROMs) has 2gb for apps and the rest of the 16 gbs of internal memory is for media. However, when apps2sd is used, it'll create the android secure folder within the internal memory as well so technically you can have a lot more space for apps.

For the caulkin rom, have you tried titanium back up to force your apps to sd?

5. NinjaMom

NinjaMom Newbie
    None

May 24, 2010
    Had just read about that. Going to give it a go and see. I am just an app hoarder so I like having a ton of space. Lol

6. tmacrae

tmacrae Newbie
    None

Mar 2, 2011
    Self-employed as a Virtual Assistant
    Peyton, CO
    My goal is to move some apps to the external SD Card (SDcard2).Are you referring to the SDcard2 (the external SDcard) in your post? I've done what you outline here, and the app does have "Move to SD Card." Is this the internal SD Card or the external (SDcard2)?

If not, are there instructions anywhere for moving apps to the SDcard2?

Thanks from this noob!

7. luvduchovny

luvduchovny Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 28, 2011
    Texas
    Good question. I suspect it is suppose to be the internal sd in the device rather than sdcard2. Although it's weird that if you go to those same settings it changes from Move to SD Card to "Move to Tablet".