1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Apps to SD Card

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Seahawks, May 24, 2011.

1. Seahawks

Seahawks Newbie

Does moving the apps you have to your SD card really do anything? Does it make your phone faster or anything at all? And before I thought when you downloaded apps and put things like music on your phone that it went to your SD card, so then does it go to internal memory in the phone? And how much internal memory can it hold up to? Sorry about all the questions but this is my first android device and I'm used to having an iphone where everything is downloaded to the same place on the iphone.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. 2manyPHONES

2manyPHONES Android Expert

Moving apps to an sd card just frees up internal space, which them inspire only has about 1gb of internal space available. All multimedia is saved to the sd card. The camera will not take pics unless there is a card in the phone. if you move an app that has a widget that you want to use to the sd card chances are the widget will not work, at least that is what I have noticed. Also any stored on the card will not function when the card is removed. Anything downloaded on the inspire is automatically saved to the sd card, whether its music or pics

Seahawks likes this.
  3. dots

dots Android Expert

On the more lower end android phones the apps2sd option may be useful since they might have low internal memory. But with the Inspire having 1gig of internal memory i do not see a need to move them to the sdcard cause i think 1gig is more than enough. lol