• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
This was deprecated in Android 4, so a long time ago. A few phones still have it because the manufacturer hacked it back in, but they are the exception. You should assume these days that any phone you buy does not have this unless you know otherwise.

I've read that Sony added it back to some mid-range handsets (which have more limited storage) but not the higher-end devices. If you want that to change, better contact Sony rather than tell us! ;)

Upvote 0
This was deprecated in Android 4, so a long time ago. A few phones still have it because the manufacturer hacked it back in, but they are the exception. You should assume these days that any phone you buy does not have this unless you know otherwise.

I've read that Sony added it back to some mid-range handsets (which have more limited storage) but not the higher-end devices. If you want that to change, better contact Sony rather than tell us! ;)

To be fair mate it was more of a rant than a statement telling all and sundry what they already probably knew. I'll get on to Sony on my lunch break and hopefully have it sorted by tea time ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones