1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Apps to transfer some text from PC to Android

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by khumash, Jan 15, 2012.

1. khumash

khumash Lurker
    None

May 31, 2010
    my phone: Samsung Galaxy S2

I am looking for a convenient way to transfer some text from my PC to Android.

The concept is simply like what "Google Chrome to phone" extension does, where the only difference is it transfers an url.

I've tried several approaches, but none of those are really convenient.
    1. Save the text in a .txt file on my PC, and transfer the file via USB onto my Android phone. => downside: have to use "Polaris office" to open the text file, and it's not convenient to edit/copy the file.

2. Sync Android Memo with Google Docs. So I can create a new doc on Google Docs and paste my text message, then sync it back to Android. => downside: I found the sync algorithm is really confusing and corrupt my original memo. It's really unpredictable on the sync directions. Sometimes it takes Google Docs and overwrites Android memo, sometimes does the opposite way. It depends on where the last modification takes place and pick it as the "source" to overwrite the "destination".
    So it's really easy to lost some memo, eg: you've added a lot memo on Android, and just create a new doc on Google Docs. Then do a sync in order to sync that newly created doc to Android, you will lose all unsync'ed memo on Android in this case. That's a disaster.

So I was wondering if there's an easy way to transfer some text from PC to Android. And make the text message easy to edit on Android. Thanks.

Advertisement

2. Harry2

Harry2 Android Expert
    None

Jun 3, 2010
    Black Forest
    Have a look at AirDroid.

Harry

khumash likes this.
  3. dvhttn

dvhttn Android Expert

Oct 17, 2010
    I wish ....
    Sunny Cornwall
    If it's a text document you want to transfer then connect your phone to the PC and mount the SD card as a 'disk' and drag and drop.

If you want to type on your PC and have the text come up on the phone there are loads of apps for this. I use MyPhoneExplorer. Not only does it sync contacts, calendar, tasks and notes with Outlook/Thunderbird it also syncs files (I have 22Gb+ of mp3s to sync - you could use it for text docs), it allows you to take screen shots AND it will echo text typed on your PC to the phone.

HTH

Dave

khumash likes this.
  4. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Jun 30, 2011
    Male
    If its a URL, I spring it to Springpad (there's a Chrome extension), and it appears in Springpad for Android as well. The URL is clickable too and opens the website immediately.

khumash likes this.