• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

apps ui on evo

jgalan14

Android Enthusiast
Jun 20, 2010
Sin City
So far the apps on Android look ok specially on Evo same not all of them use higher resolution icons, let's face it iPhone or ipod apps UI is among the best and android is catching up but is all up to developers, I downloaded the paypal app for my account and I'm really impressed with UI on it , you guys should try it, let me know what others apps look really good on evo from icons to UI experience to good and reliable service, cause as pretty as it looks orgasm to work for it purpose

So far the apps on Android look ok specially on Evo same not all of them use higher resolution icons, let's face it iPhone or ipod apps UI is among the best and android is catching up but is all up to developers, I downloaded the paypal app for my account and I'm really impressed with UI on it , you guys should try it, let me know what others apps look really good on evo from icons to UI experience to good and reliable service, cause as pretty as it looks orgasm to work for it purpose

Glad you like it, Personally, I didn't buy and Evo to use an iPhone, I'll stick with the Android.

Upvote 0
Not don't get me self the OS is better on evo and the home screen UI is great but when it comes to app the grey looking color that it has for loading just like for the apps too is just looks plain compare to everything else I like the phone and apps but i think developers don't put too much into consideration of how it looks, some developers do tho, and I know is npt all about looks but some people won't even use the apps if they don't look user friendly

Upvote 0
Frankly, I'm pretty tired of the iPhone being held up as some God of UI design. Some parts of it work and look good, but some aspects of it just suck. It's biggest advantage is that it's simple and easy to learn, but that simplicity has the side effect of making it cumbersome for many tasks. Always having to go back to the home page before switching apps, for example. Yeah, it's simple, but when you've got 200 apps installed finding the one you want is a royal PITA.

And the music player interface is just stupid. My son has an iPod Touch. With that great big screen, Apple decided to squeeze all the text (Album Title, Artist, Song Title) into a 1/4" band at the top of the screen. If you're over 50, forget about reading it in a moving car. (If you're over 60, forget about reading it at all.)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones