1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Apps with usage access - error

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by PattiCakeUS, Mar 26, 2015.

1. PattiCakeUS

PattiCakeUS Android Expert

May 24, 2010
    Female
    Yep.
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Any time I restart my phone I get an error because of Smart Clean, it apparently resets itself & that interferes with Llama, & I need to go & toggle Smart Clean off again.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Does anyone know if I can get to the screen below without going from an error message? Or - how to make Smart Clean stop toggling itself back on?

[​IMG]

Advertisement

#1 PattiCakeUS, Mar 26, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2015
  2. rcb biep

rcb biep Lurker
    None

Apr 6, 2015
    Male
    Hi,
    Unfortunately I can't answer your question...but ever since upgrading to Lollipop I get the same error message from Llama.
    Problem is when I press "open usage stats permission" Llama crashes. I'm not able to find this Usage stats permission menu anywhere.
    I have just upgraded my Samsung Galaxy S4 and this menu is available through the security menu.
    Can I ask what exact version of the G3 you have?
    Mine:
    Model LG-D855
    Software version V20h-EUR-XX

Thanks.

3. PattiCakeUS

May 24, 2010
    Female
    Yep.
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Hi rcb,
    I'm on Sprint, my model is LGLS990, my software version is LS990ZV8 so I'm not sure how that even compares to yours. Lollipop 5.0.1, & when I go into my Security menu I'm not finding the screen I posted. I guess it doesn't matter but I like being able to find things without having to restart my phone.

Are you running the latest Llama update from the devs site? He posted a couple there in November that aren't in the play store.

4. rcb biep

rcb biep Lurker
    None

Apr 6, 2015
    Male
    Hi,
    I'm still on version 5.0
    Llama is indeed the most recent one from the developer's site. I guess this app usage permission menu is perhaps not available in my android version leading to the app crashing when selecting the usage stat button.
    I have forwarded my question to the developer but he hasn't come back to me.

5. PattiCakeUS

May 24, 2010
    Female
    Yep.
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    I sent him an email quite a while ago & didn't hear anything back, but I'll try to remember tonight to send him another. I guess how Lollipop does some things really made things tough, but I'm hoping he doesn't give up because I find Llama to be so much easier to use than Tasker!

6. KOLIO

KOLIO Guest
    None
    You'd be doing yourself a HUGE favor by checking this thread out & ditching CleanMaster:
    http://androidforums.com/threads/pu...k-killers-ram-optimizers-and-the-like.896663/

7. PattiCakeUS

May 24, 2010
    Female
    Yep.
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Hi Kolio,
    Smart Clean isn't something I put on my phone, it's an LG thing that comes on the phone & wants to "help" me whether I like it or not :rolleyes:

I've disabled what I can of it, but every time I restart my phone (which I like to do about once a week) it toggles itself back on, on that screen I posted above. Then I wait a few minutes for Llama to error, & I toggle it back off.

I assume if I rooted my phone I could actually get rid of Smart Clean, but I'm not a rooter & don't really want to be.

KOLIO likes this.
  8. KOLIO

KOLIO Guest
    None
    Wow, wasn't aware of that w/the G3,or,any LG device for that matter,thought that was a Samsung/GS6-EDGE exclusive.

I guess that's another mfg I'll avoid for future devices, at least until Root/ROMS are available.
    I agree that you shouldn't have to resort to rooting just to have a device that's devoid of such garbage pre-installed.

9. PattiCakeUS

May 24, 2010
    Female
    Yep.
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    The G2 didn't have this, I can't remember if it was there on my G3 before I got the Lollipop update, or if it was added by Lollipop? I only had the G3 for about a week before I got the update.

I don't care too much about the junk that manufacturers put on that I won't use, as long as it doesn't take up too much space or get in my way. But I haven't figured out a way to completely turn it off yet & I've looked!

KOLIO likes this.

LG G3

The LG G3 was the 2014 flagship device for LG, and was one of the first smartphones on the market with a 5.5-inch 2560 x 1440 display. It featured a Snapdragon 801 processor, 2GB or 3GB of RAM, 16GB or 32GB of internal storage, a microSD card slot, and a 13MP.
Tags: