1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support apps wont exit - need to end via task manager

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by BarrieT, Jan 13, 2012.

1. BarrieT

BarrieT Lurker
    None

Jan 13, 2012
    most of my apps like messaging, internet, music will not exit when you back out of the app. the only way to get them to exit is by holding down the home button and exiting using the task manager. is this a known issue?

Advertisement

2. Vinesh1337

Vinesh1337 Newbie
    None

Do you exit them the right way? Just keep on taping the "Back" button to the bottom right of the phone to exit an app correctly. But my music thing doesn't close too T_T I just exit app like you and then clear memory.

3. late8

late8 Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 6, 2012
    This is another thing that seriously pisses me off about this phone.

Having to press back back back all the time isnt right. Also it can be done on Internet!!- you end up going back a page.

4. Slug

Slug Check six!
    None

Aug 1, 2009
    Male
    Mobile phone retail
    Inverness, UK
    You don't have to explicitly exit an Android app. When you no longer need it just press HOME and it will sit inactive in the background. If it remains inactive for a certain length of time the OS itself will end it, but remember that email and messaging clients (for example) have to monitor for incoming messages so they will maintain an active process thread to do so.

This different way of working takes some getting used to if you're not familiar with it, but soon becomes second nature. A good rule is, if there's an EXIT option in the app's menu use that. Otherwise just use HOME and let Android do the heavy lifting. :)