• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps wont install after root.

garment69

Android Enthusiast
Jan 8, 2010
Running leaked ICS LPH and rooted using CF root V5.2. Everything went fine but certain apps were uninstalled. When I go to re-install them I get an error message, "could not install to USB or SD card".

Anyone have any idea's as to what the issue might be? thanks.

Running leaked ICS LPH and rooted using CF root V5.2. Everything went fine but certain apps were uninstalled. When I go to re-install them I get an error message, "could not install to USB or SD card".

The solution is to unmount the SD card, install the apps that you are having trouble with, then remount. Should solve your problems

Upvote 0

Just a thought!

I wonder if it could simply be that a lot of app's on the Market are not yet compatible with I.C.S.

Upvote 0
Just a thought!

I wonder if it could simply be that a lot of app's on the Market are not yet compatible with I.C.S.

Its a common issue with the earlier leaked ICS ROMS from Samsung. Been around for easily a month. Probably around how some apps store information, so you are right more than likely in some way.

Not sure the exact explanation but I think its more around how the phone is able to use the different storage and ability to access and transfer between said storage.

CM9 for example, you can't connect USB to transfer files from laptop to phone or SD card. Just broken.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones