• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps2sd app

It depends on how the phone is set up. Any phone that designates a portion of the internal storage as an emulated SD Card will not work with Apps2SD.

The more universally "compatable" method is Link2SD, but that DOES require rooting. It uses a portion of your SD Card to effectively expand your "internal" storage. Your phone will think it's still on the internal memory, but it will actually be on the external card.

Reactions: annamarialuann
Upvote 0
This topic led me to an ugly discovery. I used to have 2.3.3 on my Optimus, now have 2.3.6 on my Ascend 2. Settings in the newer OS have Preferred Install Location, offering (a) Internal device storage, (b) Removable SD card, or (c) Let the system decide.

I had it in (c), but decided to see what’d happen if I switched to (b). Sure enough, it didn’t move installed apps but let me move them – even widgets. And just as I suspected, all the widgets broke. I had switch back to (c), move everything back to internal and then see what could go back to SD. Then I had to reconfigure all the widgets.

Why the ... do they even offer choice (b) if there’s no way it would work?

Upvote 0
This topic led me to an ugly discovery. I used to have 2.3.3 on my Optimus, now have 2.3.6 on my Ascend 2. Settings in the newer OS have Preferred Install Location, offering (a) Internal device storage, (b) Removable SD card, or (c) Let the system decide.

I had it in (c), but decided to see what

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones