OK, so I had never partitioned the SDCard for use with Apps2SD b/c of the horror stories I had heard about people trying it. So, now that I have FroYo, I figured, WTH, why not? So, I just started out by powering off the DROID, and then removing the SDCard and inserting it into my AIO car reader (which happens to have a T-Flash slot for direct use - adapter not required). I copied everything from the SDCard to my HD, then inserted it back into the DROID, powered on, then used ROM Manager to partition the SDCard, then upon reboot powered down again, and then removed the SDCard from the DROID and inserted back into my computer for copying my apps back. I verified that the partition that my computer was seeing was, in fact, the large 14 GB partition formatted as FAT32, and started copying files back. I ran into errors numerous times, and when I looked in one particular directory, Quake (from the Quake3 installation I have on my phone) I found massive corruption - files and folders with gibberish characters in the names, unable to delete them, regardless of what method I used. So, I decided to format that partition by hand. I went into Computer Management, then Drive management, and selected the partition, formatted it as FAT32, disabled a quick format, removed the New Volume name, and let it do its thing. After that I removed the SDCard from the reader, reinserted it, and started copying smaller sets of directories instead o all of them as one fell swoop - and when copying the ClockworkMod folder, I was getting sustained 6 MB/s speeds copying. This is onto a formatted, blank SDCard. Now that I am seeing a noticeable speed improvement, on my computer, I wonder - perhaps I should fire up Linux and redo the formatting on the other 2 partitions as well.... I know this will not affect the Motorola's BUS limitation on the speed - but it sure as hell has made the SDCard a lot nicer to work with. I'll grab a screen cap showing sustained speeds on the next large folder.