1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Apps2SD

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Lanman1978, Aug 11, 2012.

1. Lanman1978

Lanman1978 Android Enthusiast

If I am not mistaken you can transfer your apps2sd as long as you are rooted correct? Will App2SD Pro from the market work to transfer apps to the sd card?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. HotRoderX

HotRoderX Android Enthusiast

I have apps2sd installed on my rooted phone and can not get it to transfer them to my SD card. It could just be something I am not understanding thought. Instead I use a program called link2sd. It would need root access because it does force the applications over to the SD card.

3. FlynnErik

FlynnErik Lurker

I thought about using that app, since I have tried 5 others and they all error out telling me there isn't enough room on the MicroSD (which isn't true since in storage it says I have 14gb lol)

Will that app force them through that error (maybe there is something else wrong that I don't know about?)

4. Romulous

Romulous Well-Known Member

Apps2SD will move the apk from internal storage t external storage, but i'm not sure if it will remove the data files/obb files, i would need to mess on my S2 to confirm this.

In relation to the Tablet, Apps2SD does not work period. The external storage, unfortunately, is only good for storing media.

There are a couple of Utils that i have been messing with including https://play.google.com/store/search?q=gl2sd&c=apps and [TOOL] DirectoryBind - move data to external_sd (GameLoft, Shadowgun etc.) ROOT req. - xda-developers

Both of the programs work to an extent on the Tablet, although i think they are more appropriate for Phones such as the S3. Certainly the feedback would appear to support this fact.

I'm sure it's entirely possible for apk and data to be moved to external storage more efficiently, we just need someone to come up with the app to do it.

Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews