• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

AppstoSD2 won't do anything :/

There's nothing much to figure out if you're running MCR2.x.

Repartition the sdhc card FAT32-ext3 (in that order, ext3 must be second), reboot handset with card inserted, A2SD moves your apps to /system/sd/app automatically. Job done.
I assume the boot will be long the more apps I have?

Currently obtaining 64bit paragon, wish me luck repairing and reformating the EXT3 partition.

Upvote 0
Hi Slug,

So I can't see how much I have left on my partitioned SD? And only internal memory?
I was watching a unlockr video on how to store A2SD the obselete one, in Internal Storage it shows how much you partitioned - this doesn't work on MCR2.2?

Wew! If that's right then I wasted alot of times plugging it in and out!

To check where your internal storage space G8D, go to Settings and SD Card and it should be on the last information.

Upvote 0
Hi Slug,

So I can't see how much I have left on my partitioned SD? And only internal memory?
I was watching a unlockr video on how to store A2SD the obselete one, in Internal Storage it shows how much you partitioned - this doesn't work on MCR2.2?

Wew! If that's right then I wasted alot of times plugging it in and out!

To check where your internal storage space G8D, go to Settings and SD Card and it should be on the last information.
Thanks.
Do any of you know how I can partition/format without rebooting?
If I do the reboot operation it just unmounts itself and corrupts the partition :/

Upvote 0
hey all,

i have just got a 8 gig class 6 microsd card, i have been looking around on line but im still a bit lost on what i have to do with it to get apps to sd working on my hero (modaco 2.3).

any advice on what program i should use on my mac to partition it an how big the partitions should be. do i need to re install the rom to finish the process.

sorry for the noob questions

Upvote 0
I have a new 16gb that I have just sucessfully partitioned using the a guide from the modaco website using adb shell. I am running modaco 2.4 rom and was looking for a way to see if it had worked correctly and moved the apps to sd. I rebooted the phone without the sd card to find most of my new apps missing and when rebooting with sd card in they were all there again. My question is why have some apps stayed on the phone? And my internal memory only says 88mb, Is this normal? Should it be more?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones