• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

April Incredible vs June Incredible

so there is no difference on display or anything like that right? I heard that was a different display or something like that

All i know is some people have the grounding issue and some people don't... not sure weather or not I should get mine switched, as mine has the issue. Doesn't really bother me, but seems like it should work...

Upvote 0
All i know is some people have the grounding issue and some people don't... not sure weather or not I should get mine switched, as mine has the issue. Doesn't really bother me, but seems like it should work...

Random note on the grounding issue with my Incredible.

-Plugged into the HTC Charger (USB or Wall) everything works fine.
-Plugged into my old BlackBerry Wall charger everything works fine.
-Plugged into my off brand Car Lighter charger everything works fine.
-Plugged into my off brand car lighter charger that is plugged into a wall converter the touch screen does not work at all...

Relatively baffling to me, but that has been my experience so far.

Upvote 0
On an Evo related note, I'm interested to see how Sprint's network will hold up. It looks like a great device (still love my Inc), but I don't know if they're ready to handle that much data transfer.

Will be interesting. I'm already reading a LOT of complaints on the 4g reception - even in 4g areas.. It's not stable and not nearly as fast as one would hope.

A decent phone, despite the size, but it would be much better if it had a 2150 battery and 1 more year of tower building so that the reception and battery could hold stable and true.

Upvote 0
The units are the same. The screens were simply not in stock, so no more production units could be made. Samsung was probably holding out and hoping that the Galaxy S had a better shot if they gimped up the Incredible. =P

On an Evo related note, I'm interested to see how Sprint's network will hold up. It looks like a great device (still love my Inc), but I don't know if they're ready to handle that much data transfer.

Sprint has already lost their authentication and activation servers a couple of times. Not as in it was laggy or there were delays, but they actually crashed. Yikes. I kind of see this fiasco turning out like when the Nexus One came out and people realized that T-Mobile had fairly spotty coverage, though T-Mobile is making some moves and doing a lot to shore up their network. Sprint is still taking the Failtrain to Suckville.

Upvote 0
Will be interesting. I'm already reading a LOT of complaints on the 4g reception - even in 4g areas.. It's not stable and not nearly as fast as one would hope.

A decent phone, despite the size, but it would be much better if it had a 2150 battery and 1 more year of tower building so that the reception and battery could hold stable and true.

IMO Sprint rushed it out as 4G so they could say they are the first 4G network. The fact is that in Small Town, USA Sprint's coverage simply isn't enough to feel okay with paying for. They need to build a solid and widespread basic network before they try to lead the pack in new technology. When VZW moves to LTE I have full faith that it will span as far as their current network and they will crush the market once again in network reliability.

Reactions: NightAngel79
Upvote 0
IMO Sprint rushed it out as 4G so they could say they are the first 4G network. The fact is that in Small Town, USA Sprint's coverage simply isn't enough to feel okay with paying for. They need to build a solid and widespread basic network before they try to lead the pack in new technology.

They are bleeding customers like crazy. Weren't headed in the right direction so if they didn't do something drastic, they were going to be in trouble.

Maybe in a year batteries will have significantly improved so that 4g is relevant.

We'll see! <crosses fingers>

Upvote 0
Random note on the grounding issue with my Incredible.

-Plugged into the HTC Charger (USB or Wall) everything works fine.
-Plugged into my old BlackBerry Wall charger everything works fine.
-Plugged into my off brand Car Lighter charger everything works fine.
-Plugged into my off brand car lighter charger that is plugged into a wall converter the touch screen does not work at all...

Relatively baffling to me, but that has been my experience so far.

My screen is totally unresponsive when im my car dock attacked to the windscreen, without being charged, so must be a ground issue, as nothing is grounding the phone or the dock... Other phones work fine in same method, I spoke to VZW Rep today, and she said they haven't heard of this at all since the incredible rolled out (I call BS) and said she would text me a direct number to a replacement line.... ( Still awaiting that text lol)

Not sure what its all about, but there defo is a grounding issue with some units, possibly a bad batch...

It totally wouldn't bother me at all, if it worked in my car dock... Have to see how it goes for now...

Upvote 0
VZW should just buy Sprint and bring those handsets and customers onto the network. Let them have their grandfathered plans and just continue to grow the network and technology. The only thing that would scare me about that is that AT&T and T-Mobile could merge and make a serious contender.

Might work in small town USA (as it was called above), but in big town USA it would have to be the other way. I get better CDMA signal strength from Sprint than Verizon on side-by-side phones. And my 4G connection comes as advertised -- approximately 4x faster than 3G. Its amazing.

Where I live, Sprint should look into paying Verizon's customers to come join the better network. (In a away, they actually are, since Sprint will pay me $100 when I port my VZW number over.)

Or maybe they should just merge as equals and become Big Orange (Yellow + Red). See what I did there? LOL.

Upvote 0
I dont necessarily know that Verizon would be legally able to purchase Sprint, or AT&T and Tmobile to merge due to anti-monopoly laws. But, I'm not particularly knowledgeable on regulations such as that, so I could be speaking out of turn ;)

As for the 4G reception, there are always going to be some issues with that, as it's just a nature of the beast... 4G's frequency does not have the penetration ability that 3G has. Therefore, the further you go indoors/underground/the more "stuff" you have between you and the origin of the signal, the weaker your signal will be, especially in comparison to 3G

Reactions: NightAngel79
Upvote 0
I have one cheapo charger that, when I use, the touch screen doesn't work.

Seems like most people who have this issue see it with cheap chargers.

I'm not going to worry about it. Works with everything else I've plugged it in to.

I love how all of these rumors about hardware fixes and new batches of hardware get started.

Look at the rumor this guy here tried to start.
Unresponsive Screen - Reason for halt in distribution? - xda-developers

He's claiming that distribution has been halted, yet we know people continue to receive them and everyone has the same hardware rev.

Upvote 0
My screen is totally unresponsive when im my car dock attacked to the windscreen, without being charged, so must be a ground issue, as nothing is grounding the phone or the dock... Other phones work fine in same method, I spoke to VZW Rep today, and she said they haven't heard of this at all since the incredible rolled out (I call BS) and said she would text me a direct number to a replacement line.... ( Still awaiting that text lol)

Not sure what its all about, but there defo is a grounding issue with some units, possibly a bad batch...

It totally wouldn't bother me at all, if it worked in my car dock... Have to see how it goes for now...

*update*

I just got off the phone with Verizon Rep about the unresponsive screen problem. who didn't know anything about this situation, I made him transfer me to a Verizon Tech after a lot of negotiating.

The Verizon Rep decided to stay on the line with me, and we both spoke to the Verizon Tech about the issue.

After a long explanation on my part, they say its not in there Reported faults so I made Sarah the tech I was talking to go to this forum, and lots of other forums, and search Google for to find information out about this issue.

She found lots of people mentioning they had reported it to Verizon, but it wasn't in the reported faults section.

Therefore she said she noted it in that section, and also forwarded it to HTC as an urgent notice.

She then went on to tell me, that when she dug deeper into their system that she found a couple of cases of where this had happened, and they couldn't find a fix for it so a new phone was shipped.

So it ends up, I have a new phone on its way by Fed-Ex overnight shipping, so it should be here within 2 days. I have not had to pay the $35 restocking fee, and hopefully the new phone won't have the same issue.

Ill update as soon as I get the new phone.

Thanks

Upvote 0
I have one cheapo charger that, when I use, the touch screen doesn't work.

Seems like most people who have this issue see it with cheap chargers.

I'm not going to worry about it. Works with everything else I've plugged it in to.

I love how all of these rumors about hardware fixes and new batches of hardware get started.

Look at the rumor this guy here tried to start.
Unresponsive Screen - Reason for halt in distribution? - xda-developers

He's claiming that distribution has been halted, yet we know people continue to receive them and everyone has the same hardware rev.

I've had a similar issue happen twice, both while using the unfortunately-not-so-cheapo $30 Verizon universal travel charger. The phone gets really hot, doesn't charge, and while the touch screen technically still works, it stops giving me that vibrate feedback. Then when I unplug the phone, the battery totally drains. It's weird, but I don't think it's worth going through the hassle of trying to get a new phone. Has anyone else had something similar happen? Does this sound like a grounding issue?

Maybe if it starts happening more frequently I'll call Verizon, but for now, I'm okay with it.

Upvote 0

It is a good device and I luv the kickstand, but besides coverage issues where I live, the deal breakers for me:

1. Pinkish display, compared to Inc and even the Moto Droid. We were comparing all three at BB yesterday. BB employees noticed the pinkish display too.

2. Need big hands or long thumbs to use safely with one hand. Even more comical with silicon case. Also like the USB at the bottom instead of where it is on Inc.

3. Less media storage and app space

4. Microsd is stuck behind the battery. Makes no sense on such a big a55 device.

Still, that kickstand is dead-sexy! Wish the Inc had one like that instead of the contoured back.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones