1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

APX to App Bundle?

Discussion in 'Android Development' started by Tonus2019, Aug 25, 2019.

1. Tonus2019

Tonus2019 Lurker

So, I am not a developer....

I wrote a basic calorie conversion tool in Visual Basic ages ago and today for some reason decided I would like this on my Samsung. So...I fired up MIT App Inventor (very cool) and successfully built a "mobile version" of my VB app.

I've exported the app as an APX and want to upload it to the Play Store. Gone through a number of steps and all good but when I upload my APX file and go to Review, it complains it is not optimised. I now have to use the Android App Bundle. So I download Android Studio....

So OK this is not for noobs. It likes my APX but I have not idea how to now "convert" this file into something Google Store will accept. If I import the APX it treats it as a "module" under Build menu. If I create a new project I have no idea how to import my APX into that project....

Can anyone give me some pointers please on what I need to do here? I just want to see my shitty app in the app store :)

Thanks!

2. riksweeney

riksweeney Newbie

Ignore the warning about the app not being optimised, it'll still let you publish.

23tony likes this.