1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Arabic Language

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by omarnajat, Jul 11, 2011.

1. omarnajat

omarnajat Lurker
    None

Jun 27, 2011
    Hello All,
    I was wondering if there is any way to add arabic language to LG Optimus 2X without rooting it. thanks

Advertisement

2. tablighs

tablighs Lurker
    None

Mar 31, 2011
    Hi,

Yeah, you can do get arabic without rooting your phone, in fact, its harder to get arabic if you root your phone and use custom roms as how i experience it because the original files are modified which making patching them with generic arabic patches found on the net to not working.

Anyway, my phone bought in Singapore originally comes with a V10a firmware, has full arabic support (no arabic menus though) with no problems. But the small problem for you is that, it comes with my operator's custom apps and boot screen, if you can tolerate that, everything else is the same.

From this page, you can see a list of stock roms from various countries..

[FIRMWARE]LG Optimus 2x P990 Original ROM's[DOWNLOAD] - xda-developers

Mine is SINGTEL SINGAPORE

or you can try using various V10a roms, which i suspect all has arabic support. I am not sure whether the new SINGTEL V10b update still has arabic because im now using Modaco custom roms, which has arabic but the letters are not connected.

If you are hesitant of using custom operator stock firmware, i would like you to try the section called INDIA, SINGAPORE, VIET NAM, THAILAND firmware. I don't guarantee that it has arabic support, but its worth the try if you want generic stock firmware.

This guy also posted on xda-developers on his firmware able to support arabic, and has the same V10a version, although not sure from which region, but you need to root your phone to use the CWM backup of his phone.

Rom full Arabic -Farsi (20-4-2011 Updated) - xda-developers

Hope the info above helps.

Cheers.

3. omarnajat

omarnajat Lurker
    None

Jun 27, 2011
    thanks for the reply, i just have another question, if it didnt work for me, can i reset the phone to my original factory setting which phone came with.
    Thanks

4. tablighs

tablighs Lurker
    None

Mar 31, 2011
    Yes you can. and all the firmwares i recommend is original firmwares from LG only from various regions, i am not sure if there is a region lock on optimus 2x.. but you can try it. You just need to know what region of firmware you're using (bought it from, or from specific operator) and download the firmware to restore to your original firmware.

Ramadhan Kareem.