1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

General Arc switching of by itself

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dlff, Jul 4, 2011.

1. dlff

dlff Member

Jun 5, 2011
    Hi guys, I have been using my ARC for almost a month now.
    Lately I noticed that the phone will switch off & then on again by itself.
    Wonder if any ARC's users have the same problem?
    Cheers mate!!

Advertisement

2. ru10500

ru10500 Member

Jun 17, 2011
    Yes, I have had mine for 6 weeks. I have noticed the same thing with no clue why yet!

3. Sam-SonyXperia

Sam-SonyXperia Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2011
  4. dlff

dlff Member

Jun 5, 2011
    I am still experiencing this "Switch-off" problem by itself for no apparent reason whatsoever. I am sending my phone to SE Service Centre tomorrow & have them check it out as I have only bought it a month ago. I might as well share with you my experience so far with Android phones. I have used 4 Android phones including this ARC.
    My 1st was the Google Nexus1, SE X10 Mini, HTC HD & now the ARC. It has come a long way in the way of Software updates & the Gingerbread 2.3.3 is by far the best. It has to be as it is the latest update. The editing & "copy & paste" still have a long way to go. IMHO is still not not user friendly enough. No doubt it has improved a lot but there are still room for improvement. Before I forget to mention about the battery life as well. It sucks & I presume most if not all Android phones are. Cheers mate!

5. Sam-SonyXperia

Jun 14, 2011
    Thank you for the feedback, it is always nice to hear from someone who has had experience with a variety of other Android handsets.

6. gazn1

gazn1 New Member

Mar 5, 2011
    i have this same problem my arc turns off by its self a few times since ive had it anyway

7. Sam-SonyXperia

Jun 14, 2011
    Have you tried to run a software update to resolve this?

8. Syko_Edis

Syko_Edis New Member

Aug 7, 2011
    I HAD the same problem with my Xperia arc, so I ran some tests of my own since customer support showed no help. I realised the problem was with the battery or the part connecting the battery to the mobile.

To resolve the problem I just jammed the battery tightly up agents the part it needs to connect to using some folded up paper.

It's been several months since I did this and the problem has never occurred again.
    I hope this works for you also.

9. xperia7

xperia7 Member

Aug 18, 2011
    I got my Arc on launch and of course was gadget-happy and installed a ton of apps. Then shortly after I started experiencing random reboots

10. NoTnIuQnAy

NoTnIuQnAy Member

Jul 12, 2011
    i am having the same problem with my phone restarting from time to time. sometimes once a week and even 3 or 4 times a day. what is the problem and how should i resolve the issue? any help is appreciated, thank you.

11. Sam-SonyXperia

Jun 14, 2011
    Have you tried any other fixes above such as running a software update/repair?