• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Architectural considerations for a simple app

mokaloka

Lurker
Mar 23, 2010
I am writing a very simple app. It consists of a Widget and an application. Both the widget and the application should be updated with the contents of an rss-feed the feed is updated. The feed is going to be polled every, say 10 minutes (there are no traffic restrictions).

As it is now, there is a service with a timer who handles the logic with the parsing and polling the rss-feed. What i need to get input on is the best way to actually tell the widget and the application that this update has taken place, and these two enititys can then query the service for approriate information through the service API (OR the information can be supplied with the notification to the widget or the application).

What I really need to know is the best way to tell the application and the wdiget that the rss-feed is updated.

Thanks in advance.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones