1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Archos 101 verses Viewsonic G Tab Apr 2011

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by bullfrg, Apr 9, 2011.

1. bullfrg

bullfrg Newbie
    None

Apr 9, 2011
    Before I begin I know this question has been asked and answered but most of the responses were back in 2010 when the products first came out. I have read many many different reviews and watched videos on Youtube so I am not asking about specs and those types of things. So after everyone has had them for several months here are a few questions:

1) Which one holds up better - I have heard negative on how they were built. Is one more durable then the other? Are there good cases to help protect either of them?

2) With the software upgrades (without voiding the warranty) that has happened in the last 5 or so months, does one have an advantage over the other? I am not a great techie but can hold my own with computers (this will be my first tablet and first android operating system as I am anti Iproducts but I also have a neighbor who is a techie and has had android phone)

3) Did the Archos 101 ever get the USB port issue resolved? Does the Viewsonic have any issues with its USB? Can you attach a 500 gig hard drive to them?

I am struggling between the two. I know that the Viewsonic has a lot more power to it and pricewise they are the same now. I want something that I can use office products, watch movies, good WiFi, internet, Bible software (I am a chaplain) and some games. I have a computer for really awesome games (or will have with Star Wars Old Republic comes out and I purchase a new computer) so I am not looking for some uber game system but rather something useful for work type scenarios (like in a hospital but we know games are good for meetings).

I think that is the main things for now. Thanks for your help

Advertisement