• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Archos 7 - Avail May 17 -Market?

swagner53

Android Enthusiast
Dec 4, 2009
I just got an email from Amazon advertising the Archos 7 with Android. It specifically stated in the description that apps are available from the anroid market.

It is priced at $199 8gb 7hr battery

Archos's web site says the 7 is linux, not android. Anyone have more info?

I am curious to see if my pre-order is going to ship or not. The Home 7 is already out of stock on the Amazon site (the status went directly from pre-order to out of stock in fact).

I wonder how many units they got in and if all pre-orders will be fulfilled...

Check your order status, it should still give an estimated ship date of 5/21. They are only filling preorders until the end of the month, then they will open up ordering again.

Android is linux based. That's most likely what they meant.

I doubt it. There have been countless third party previews of the system where the author mixes the two systems into one (ie saying that it is available in a 320gb model). Their Archos 7 Internet Tablet is a custom Linux based OS that has no Android on it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones