• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Archos downloading issues (no Android phone...)

tvicha

Lurker
Feb 12, 2011
Hello,

I'm currently hung up being able to use my Archos 101 internet tablet, as it prompts me that I "have no android phone associated with the email account". I do NOT have an Android phone, but don't need one do I?

I've opened up a gmail account, I've entered in a phone number in my gmail account settings. I've seen many posts online with this issue, but only one suggested solution (that was the entering a phone number in your account settings)

Any advice?

Hello,

I'm currently hung up being able to use my Archos 101 internet tablet, as it prompts me that I "have no android phone associated with the email account". I do NOT have an Android phone, but don't need one do I?

I've opened up a gmail account, I've entered in a phone number in my gmail account settings. I've seen many posts online with this issue, but only one suggested solution (that was the entering a phone number in your account settings)

Any advice?

Not really sure what's going on here. Did you do any modding to your Archos (try to add Google apps like the market for example)? If so, please post links for the instructions you followed.

Upvote 0
Hi, I think I have the same problem! I syncd my device to my Gmail account yet the android market just wont recognise it.
Is the android market incompatible with ARCHOS?

ps: i didnt modify or do anything to my device except for downloading the proper updates, its brand new

You had to have done some modding to it. The Archos tablets don't come with the Android Market preloaded. What app installer did you use for that (link would be great)?

Upvote 0
You had to have done some modding to it. The Archos tablets don't come with the Android Market preloaded. What app installer did you use for that (link would be great)?

I didn't do any modding, I don't have the android market loaded in the tablet. I access it from the internet browser in the tablet (https://market.android.com/). Is that the problem?
(thanks for answering btw)

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones