• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Are all people with Droid Pro BB converts?

Just wondering if we all (with the D Pro) are all blackberry converts. I know i am, but wondering how everyone else likes it and what phone they came from

this thing is crazy fast and i absolutely love it, ive had a palm keyboard (treo), bb (tour) and bb touchscreen (storm) and this is the best phone i have ever owned.

freaking sweet

I plan on making the switch from the Droid X. I have never used a Blackberry in my life. My dad has one and I just cannot stand RIM, but I loved the keyboard. Ever since I first tried it I have been waiting for Verizon to get a good phone that has a front facing full qwerty keyboard.

I hope I like this one. Just gotta go to the Verizon store tomorrow to try it out.

Upvote 0
Screen res maybe a bit disappointing if your coming from the X. I have played a good bit with my sister and mothers Droid Inc(close to the same res and the D/2/X), and the res is way nicer than the Eris(which has the same res DPro). I would go check and see if the res is fine with you in store and see if any of the software you use will work on the lower res screen.

Upvote 0
Just wondering if we all (with the D Pro) are all blackberry converts. I know i am, but wondering how everyone else likes it and what phone they came from

this thing is crazy fast and i absolutely love it, ive had a palm keyboard (treo), bb (tour) and bb touchscreen (storm) and this is the best phone i have ever owned.

freaking sweet

Are you using exchange with the DP? I am getting one tomorrow and someone noted contact images are not being sync'd ? I have used Android 2.2 on other devices and this has never been an issue??

Upvote 0
I plan on making the switch from the Droid X. I have never used a Blackberry in my life. My dad has one and I just cannot stand RIM, but I loved the keyboard. Ever since I first tried it I have been waiting for Verizon to get a good phone that has a front facing full qwerty keyboard.

I hope I like this one. Just gotta go to the Verizon store tomorrow to try it out.

I had a BB 8310 and 8900 and absolutely loved the keyboard on it. I could type almost as fast as a normal keyboard. I was waiting for AT&T to come out with the 9700 Bold (best BB at the moment...) and they kept delaying it, so the Droid caught my eye. Got one and now I love Android way more than the BB OS.

That being said, the Pro is the phone I've been waiting for all along that blends the two together. Coincidently and funny enough, this is actually the phone that BB addicts have been waiting for as well. Tons of guys on the BB forums have been asking for a full hardware QWERTY, touchscreen phone in a candybar format. The Torch slider is cool, but this phone is definitely where it's at. Palm has tried, but I think this Pro will be the best of them all.

Screen res maybe a bit disappointing if your coming from the X. I have played a good bit with my sister and mothers Droid Inc(close to the same res and the D/2/X), and the res is way nicer than the Eris(which has the same res DPro). I would go check and see if the res is fine with you in store and see if any of the software you use will work on the lower res screen.

That's good to hear. My gf had an Eris and I thought the screen size and resolution were pretty good. Put a BB keyboard on that and it's golden IMO.

Upvote 0
Im about ready to finally once and for all drop my current Tour which has been replaced many times over the last 3 months with a Droid, a Droid Eris, and a Palm Pixi Plus. With the Droid Pro, I think I'll finally lay to rest the Tour. That damn keyboard kept drawing me back cuz no matter how good the touchscreen keyboards get, (smart keyboard pro, HTC IME, TouchPal) I keep going back to the Tour's physical keyboard. I too am gonna go try out the Droid Pro at the store but I'll wait for the deals to kick in before I upgrade my line with VZW.

Upvote 0

To answer the direct question,
short path
Not me.......
down the long path..............
Im a Treo 680 convert, well in a round about way. Been a Palm user since Handspring and was a natural move to the treo280 600 650 680........ Then they switched to the darkside and slept with windows. This didn't sit well with me. SO I tried SYmbian twice then iphone twice. And then I saw the light. Android was my mecca my promised land! Sony x10 next HTC Desire but now, now I am home. I found my perfect device to replace the Treo joys of old!

Loving the Motorola Droid Pro.

Upvote 0
I'm a WM Treo convert. I have Sprint, so unfortunately I had to switch to a slider QWERTY, but I ended up with an opportunity to study abroad for a couple years, so I bought the Pro right away, and use it as my primary phone when I'm not in the States.

It's too bad it's difficult to, um...make certain changes to the Pro, because I'd love to be able to use it all the time.

Upvote 0
I'm coming from a Droid X most recently, original Droid before that, Touch Pro 2 before that, and then several Windows Mobile phones before that. Never had a Blackberry. I always had a soft spot for the Palm Treo Pro that I had for a bit, and the Droid Pro hits that soft spot perfectly. I had been hesitant to switch due to the drastic reduction in screen size from the X, but now I'm wishing I had switched sooner. I'm loving this phone so far.

Upvote 0
I came from the Droid X because I fail at on screen keyboards.

I purchased my Motorola Droid back in 2009 because I was unsure of the same thing. The only all touch screen phone I had to that point was an HTC Touch and that 2.6" resistive touch screen wasn't a true test.

I found out that I can use the on screen keyboard without issues, while my wife MUST have a physical keyboard. I'm glad to see the various form factors running Android! Making Android open source and allowing any manufacture to use Android on any form factor is by far the best decision Google has made.

Upvote 0
My wife came over from a Palm Centro on Sprint with the tiny keyboard. The keyboard on that phone was absolutely tiny. She loved front facing keyboard, but wanted the Android operating system. She loves her Droid Pro.

I'm getting better with her keyboard when I play with her phone, but the screen size seems small. I'm used to the Tmobile G1 & G2. I do wish it had swype as that's what I'm getting used to even more then the physical keyboards.

Upvote 0
My wife came over from a Palm Centro on Sprint with the tiny keyboard. The keyboard on that phone was absolutely tiny. She loved front facing keyboard, but wanted the Android operating system. She loves her Droid Pro.

I'm getting better with her keyboard when I play with her phone, but the screen size seems small. I'm used to the Tmobile G1 & G2. I do wish it had swype as that's what I'm getting used to even more then the physical keyboards.

Haha...try using a Thunderbolt and then grabbing the DroidPro...it takes a minute to get acclaimed to the screen and keyboard. The DroidPro is not for someone suffering from fat finger disease...but its much better than the Centro :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones