1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Are Android Purchases "Remembered"?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by MrAndriod, Dec 23, 2012.

1. MrAndriod

MrAndriod Lurker

Sorry if this sounds simple, but I've got my first Android-induced device, Nexus 7, on it's way and I just wanted to know, are your purchases remembered?

Like on IOS devices, you can buy an app or song on your Apple account on one device, log onto another iDevice and your purchase is remembered on the app store / iTunes, so you never need to pay again, your purchase is forever.

Is this the same on the Google Play store?? Incase I ever upgrade device or something, I'd like to know I wouldn't need to re-buy and apps or films again.

Thanks !! :hello:

PS on another note, can you use the N7 while charging as much as you want. I had a cheap Lava tablet running Android to play with and when the bat. was low, I plugged in but it wasn't strong enough to charge and let me use it at the same time. With iPad you can use it to do anything while charging even if bat. is 1%, is N7 like this?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. whs37

whs37 Android Enthusiast

Yes.

3. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

Yes it will remember your purchases on the acciubt

4. jjrx3

jjrx3 Android Enthusiast

i think you can but i prefer to either leave it alone while it charges (wifi off) or shut it down and charge.

5. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

(Assuming you meant "account")

Yes, and reusing the same gmail account that you used to log into your N7 is key, as the purchase record for those apps are tied to that exact gmail address.

6. Teknologic

Teknologic Android Expert

And yes, even while playing the most power-hungry games, your tablet is still getting charged. It's a pretty fast charger.

7. esmith818

esmith818 Android Enthusiast

Your Google Play account remembers EVERY app you ever installed on any device, not just the "purchased" ones. In the current Play app, you have the option of removing free apps from your install history.

8. Demache

Demache Android Expert

Yes seriously. It remembers obscure apps I installed to my DROID Eris back in early 2010,which haven't been updated since, in many cases. As long as the app remains on the Play Store, it will be remembered.