1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Are Contacts Added to Phone Supposed to Sync with Gmail?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by sr1sws, Dec 2, 2010.

1. sr1sws

sr1sws New Member

Dec 2, 2010
    Maybe I'm a moron, or not...

I've searched and cannot find a clear answer - when you add a contact on the phone (a "phone contact") should it sync with your Gmail?... that is, should it create a new entry in your Gmail contacts (assuming one did not already exist).

(Probably) Silly me, I expected this to happen, only it does not (or did not). New contacts added to Gmail DO sync to the phone.

Thanks to anyone who can give a definitive answer - and help me figure out what's wrong if they ARE supposed to sync to Gmail.

Steve

Advertisement

2. Super_Six_Two

Super_Six_Two Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2010
    NJ
    Click on Menu > settings > accounts then click on your gmail account and see if sync contacts is checked. I thought it synced both ways.

3. sr1sws

sr1sws New Member

Dec 2, 2010
    Yeah, it's checked.

4. Super_Six_Two

Super_Six_Two Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2010
    NJ
    So last night I added a contact to my phone, just checked gmail now and it did sync. The only other options I could find that may need to be checked are: go to contacts > menu > more > settings and see if the sync is checked there. Also, do you have background data on?

5. sr1sws

sr1sws New Member

Dec 2, 2010
    Well, I just tried it again... and of course it worked. Maybe I was just having a bad day before... but good to know it's supposed to work and does work.

Thanks all!

Steve