1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Are Extended Batteries With Vibrate Motors Still Made Today???!?

Discussion in 'Android Accessories' started by mightymouse00, May 28, 2011.

1. mightymouse00

mightymouse00 Newbie
    None

Mar 19, 2011
    I know this could probably be posted in the Nexus S/ 4g forum but since its battery can work for many other phones, I posted this in the general android lounge.

Ive just got a Nexus S 4G and the vibrate just plainly sucks, I can barely feel that I had calls and text messages because the intensity is so weak. I know many others may have different experiences, but if this is Google's idea of conserving battery, its useless to have a phone and not be able to pickup calls because I can't feel it vibrate unless I'm standing still and hear it in a quieter area (the highest volume isn't as loud neither IMO).

I remember back in the day in the 90s and early 2000s manufacturers made extended/replaceable batteries that had a vibrating motor that added more vibration to the phone when it rang. Does anyone here know if they still make em? What brand? I don't mind sacrificing some battery power if I will be able to feel my phone vibrate more to pickup a call in a loud environment or when I'm walking.

I love the phone but hell, if people actually replaces vibrate motors in phones, I may take that option as well if it doesn't cost that much.

Thanks for your help!

Advertisement

2. sitlet

None

Apr 11, 2010
    Nope.

3. John Redcorn

John Redcorn Android Enthusiast
    None

May 9, 2011
    I thought the vibrate on the Nexus S and an Infuse I played with was pretty cool feeling, higher frequency, compared to my htc while typing or clicking something.

I can see how that could be real hard to feel for notifications in a pocket though.

Use an air die-grinder on the eccentric weight :) make it more eccentric.

4. mightymouse00

mightymouse00 Newbie
    None

Mar 19, 2011
    So after a good month of using the phone, the only way i got around it was turn up the ringer, make the ringer super distinctive so it'll stand out from other sounds AND change the pattern of how it vibrates so i would feel it more. I used Handcent and made each text message have 3 long vibrates. THis is the only thing I can do i guess. I'll make sure my next phone wont have this problem.