1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Accessories Are Gelaskins enough?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by govee, Jun 2, 2010.

1. govee

govee Active Member

Apr 30, 2010
    I have a Gelaskins cover and screen protector on my phone, but I have also been using a clear verizon hard case. I was wondering if anyone has been using the Gelaskin and screen protector alone. I have already cracked one screen when I had no protection of any type and wondered if the addition of a hard case over the skin is over kill?

Advertisement

2. DROIDdidME

DROIDdidME Well-Known Member

May 11, 2010
    I have the silicone one from Verizon and haven't had any issues...Of course it doesn't offer the protection of say, an Otterbox but for me it's a happy medium between protection for my phone, and still maintaining the phone's "portability" by not adding much bulk

3. cortland1998

cortland1998 Well-Known Member

May 1, 2010
    Male
    Nuclear Security
    WA State
    I don't think they are at all! I'm using the black gel skin one from the Verizon store. I had mine in my pocket and leaned up against the baseboard of my bed while making it. I didn't think anything of it because I hardly put any pressure on my leg. A few hours later I discovered a bent/broken glass and red ring, around the camera lens. Look at the damage.. I'm pretty sure if this was in a hard case, this wouldn't have happened.

Here is a post I wrote regarding how I kind of fixed it.. the best I could.
    http://androidforums.com/htc-incred...cover-replacement-straightening-red-ring.html

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]